PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV Jackal Ghost Review and Video

MOTIVmags
01-22-2017, 08:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3_gPJwJqlc

Description: The Jackal Ghost is the third “official” Jackal of the series. It has an all new coverstock, Coercion HFS Solid. The inside utilizes a modified asymmetrical Predator Core that was found in the original Jackal and Jackal Carnage, now called the Predator V2 (Also found in the Jackal LE).

Reaction: I tend to really like asymmetrical pieces, especially with solid covers, with that said the Jackal Ghost has become the strongest ball in my bag. My first layout 60X4.5X60 (Pin down, no hole) at the box finish is strong in the front and middle part of the lane with a smoother arcing motion down lane. For me I can see this ball at this surface being utilized more on tougher patterns and actually opening them up a little when they are flatter without sacrificing carry. Although I don't always make surface changes in my initial testing, I did with the Jackal Ghost. Initial testing was on a heavier house pattern and had no trouble playing deeper and carry was better than expected. I took the Jackal Ghost to the spinner and threw some MOTIV Gloss on it. It allowed me to move a solid arrow right and allowed me to have a lot of hold and also have a lot of bounce and never over hooked with the surface adjustment. It has since become my favorite ball on house patterns. It's a ball I know that will hook and that I can be firm and confident with.

Comparisons: Everything else in my bag hooks less than the Jackal Ghost. The Jackal LE is close in terms of hook potential but still falls 2-3 boards short. The Jackal LE also responds a little faster down lane. The Trident is about 3-4 boards less in total hook, but once again responds faster down lane. The Jackal Ghost provides no overlap and is a great addition to bowlers looking for HOOK.

Summary: This ball WILL force you left of everything you have. It will allow you to still control the lane and provide a great motion through the pins resulting in very good carry.
Between the Jackal Ghost, Jackal LE and Trident MOTIV really does have all the variations needed in asymmetrical balls. Even more than most releases this ball performed very well with the surface change I made (MOTIV Gloss).

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Bowlifi | Genesis | Bowlerx.com