PDA

View Full Version : Arm Bend as I Throw the ball.

Jarhead88
01-29-2017, 05:51 PM
In an effort to keep my wrist cupped or at least not bending the wrong way I tend to swing my arm and it is slightly bent.... not fully straight and extended.
My friend said he changed that, swing with a straight arm, and it help his release and got more revs.

is that true? It this a potential problem in my technique?

thanks

J Anderson
01-29-2017, 06:06 PM
In an effort to keep my wrist cupped or at least not bending the wrong way I tend to swing my arm and it is slightly bent.... not fully straight and extended.
My friend said he changed that, swing with a straight arm, and it help his release and got more revs.
is that true? It this a potential problem in my technique?
thanks

Possibly, but many of the best have/use some degree of elbow bend in thier swing. In fact the uncupping of the wrist and straightening of the elbow at release in what gives these bowlers very high rev rates.

KYDave
02-01-2017, 05:20 PM
I can tell you that if you try to cup the ball the entire swing it is much more comfortable for me to bend my elbow to some degree. And like John said, if you get the timing right of uncupping and straighten out the elbow at the release, that will really help the revs.

Maybe the reason your buddy got more revs is because of being more behind the ball than on top of it.

Overall tho, unless it has a serious negative impact on anything, do what is comfortable for you.