PDA

View Full Version : Another "courtesy" thread...

steverwrx
02-01-2017, 10:34 PM
I was not going to post what happened in my league last night but the other "courtesy" thread change my mind. I have been bowling on and off about 40 years and about halfway through a fall season mixed league after taking 5 years off. I used to average low 200's when I think it meant more 20 years ago but now at 194 and getting better.

The league I am in is 20 teams, fairly social and I don't think too many people take it very serious. However there is this one guy, short, mid 30's, wife beater shirts who seems to take it very serious. He throws a decent ball but inconsistent. Get's very excited and verbal when getting strikes. And then very pissed when leaving anything when he thinks he should get a strike. So let me set the scene a little. We were tied for 6th or 7th place and beat them the first two games. I have been playing my relatively new Storm Pitch Blue the last few weeks and doing fairly well if I just throw the ball correctly it will carry. But started leaving some corner pins and decided to try a more aggressive ball and much deeper inside line. Striked in the 1st frame of 3rd game, yeah. 2nd frame on the left lane of our pair; playing deep inside, am standing on 40 and trying to hit between 3rd and 4th arrows, breaking point is about the 10 board. So after I release the ball with this line, I usually take a step to the right to get a better view of the ball hitting the pocket. I left a 4-9 split, oh well. Serious guy actually shoots and makes a spare quickly after my shot. I am at the ball return waiting for my ball and he walks past and mumbles something like f$%ing a$$hole. "Say what, are you talking to me?". YES, YOU WALKED IN MY LANE. I said you should wait until one is off the lane before bowling. YOU SHOULD BE COURTEOUS AND NOT WALK IN MY LANE. I said once I don't think I walked in your lane but I can do what I want as you should wait until it is your turn. More F&*$ing A$$hole comments and his teammates (father and uncle) stopped him from coming at me. I am 6' 2" and about 240 and not really afraid and basically ignored him after that. A couple frames later I left a 3-6 or something while he was up there and he says HAHA or something and I just ignored him. The very next frame he throws a nice ball and strikes and I say "nice ball". He says F&*k you. I ignore him and get a strike. Many more cusswords from him and his father and uncle kick him out mid-game and tell him to go home! Unbelievable! They both come over to me afterwards and apologize for his behavior. Crazy night.

So I just found this forum a few weeks ago after getting back into bowling again. You guys don't know me at all and have no reason to believe me. But that being said, after bowling many years, please believe me this is the first time I have ever had any issues at the lanes. Any comments?

Blacksox1
02-01-2017, 10:50 PM
The father and uncle did the right thing. I would have asked them, how many times they had to post bail, for the child? :D

NewToBowling
02-02-2017, 12:17 AM
That's not a courtesy issue, that's an arse hole issue. People like that you just ignore and stay away from

Blomer
02-02-2017, 06:30 AM
The guy was just a jerk. I have a guy on my team whenever he doesn't do well he finds an excuse. Is embarrassing.

manke
02-02-2017, 09:44 AM
Kill them with kindness and it makes even more mad.

taxexpert2
02-02-2017, 09:53 AM
Sounds like one too many beers for the other guy to me. There are a lot of bowlers who get belligerent from "drinking while bowling."

Timmyb
02-02-2017, 12:32 PM
It's either "add alcohol--instant a**hole", or maybe he's got a little Napoleon complex going on. Either way, those are the kind of guys I usually ignore the crap out of. It irks guys like that when they can't see they're getting under you skin.

chip82901
02-02-2017, 02:24 PM
There's a guy like that on one of the leagues I bowl on. Nice guy until he starts drinking (and when he drinks, its a 12 rack of budweiser in 3 games). For one, he's not very good (about a 130ish average), for 2, he gets EXTREMELY loud and obnoxious. Starts flipping off pins when he throws a terrible ball, calls everyone a "f**k face!". Actually started crap with a few people in the bowling alley before. Its just uncalled for. Its LEAGUE, where we bowl for maybe a $100 back at the end of the season. No need to get crazy.

fordman1
02-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Is this guy one of those bowlers who has to keep moving their foot to get the exact half a board then look at their hand, arm and elbow then move their neck and take 3 or 4 deep breaths before finally throwing the ball and getting a seven count?
Ever tell one of them when they are walking back to relax and take their time?

Goose
02-03-2017, 09:47 AM
We have Sgt of Arms for each of our leagues and this is right up their alley. Take it up with the President and Sgt. and let them have a talk with the guy, shape up and behave or give him the boot and he pays the rest of the season.

Usually it just a title, but whoever you elect has to have the backbone to step up and take control.

got_a_300
02-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Yeah we've got one or two of those kinds of guys at our
center that like to mouth off and be real a-holes that is
why I decided not to bowl again on the league night that
they do.

I came close to busting their heads for them a few times
when I bowled on that league but I restrained myself as
I didn't want to be like them.

Both of them smarts off if you get a good high flush pocket
hit and get a strike and lord have mercy if you ever go on the
brooklyn side and get a strike then........ look out.