PDA

View Full Version : Where are two of our regulars?

NewToBowling
02-07-2017, 09:30 AM
AMyers and Mike White

I know Mike is off and on but AMyers used to be a regular here now he is just MIA

SAbowler
02-07-2017, 10:02 AM
After checking their profiles, I see that Mike White has been banned and AMeyers hasn't posted in a few weeks, but was on the board yesterday.

bowl1820
02-07-2017, 10:03 AM
AMyers and Mike White

I know Mike is off and on but AMyers used to be a regular here now he is just MIA

Mike got banned and Amyers was on here yesterday, he just hasn't posted recently.

Amyers
02-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Sorry for the drought guys. I have been checking in just not posting much. I've had some family members that have been ill and work has been brutal lately. Nice to see I was missed though

drlawsoniii
02-07-2017, 11:01 AM
i'm curious as to what mike did.

NewToBowling
02-07-2017, 05:52 PM
Also where is the 2 Handed Sniper?

1VegasBowler
02-07-2017, 06:25 PM
Sorry for the drought guys. I have been checking in just not posting much. I've had some family members that have been ill and work has been brutal lately. Nice to see I was missed though

Welcome back my friend :)

Timmyb
02-08-2017, 06:46 AM

Shush! You might wake him!

Amyers
02-08-2017, 09:26 AM

hopefully banned

Amyers
02-08-2017, 09:27 AM
Welcome back my friend :)

Glad to be back. you've been posting some good stuff

1VegasBowler
02-08-2017, 09:35 AM
Glad to be back. you've been posting some good stuff

I haven't posted much in the last month or so, and I've had to limit my bowling as well. My right shoulder and elbow are giving me a very tough time right now. Just had an injection in the shoulder last week so I can try to be ready for the PBA 50 Regional next month.

Between that, doing things for the USBC here and a few other things, I've been relatively quiet (if you can believe that! lol).

Hope things are going good for you :)

Amyers
02-08-2017, 09:47 AM
I haven't posted much in the last month or so, and I've had to limit my bowling as well. My right shoulder and elbow are giving me a very tough time right now. Just had an injection in the shoulder last week so I can try to be ready for the PBA 50 Regional next month.

Between that, doing things for the USBC here and a few other things, I've been relatively quiet (if you can believe that! lol).

I've been busy too. Trying to get my daughter ready for the State Championships next month and work has been more time consuming than usual. Sorry to here about the shoulder I had some issues with the knee this summer and messed my summer bowling plans up good. Hope it heals quickly

1VegasBowler
02-08-2017, 10:59 AM
I've been busy too. Trying to get my daughter ready for the State Championships next month and work has been more time consuming than usual. Sorry to here about the shoulder I had some issues with the knee this summer and messed my summer bowling plans up good. Hope it heals quickly

Thank you sir.

Hope your wheel gets better as well.

Tony
02-09-2017, 01:20 PM
M White banned ? How could that happen to such a low-key, easygoing, non confrontational fellow ??

Amyers
02-09-2017, 01:25 PM
M White banned ? How could that happen to such a low-key, easygoing, non confrontational fellow ??

MWhite is very easy to get along with as long as you agree with everything he says and don't disagree with him about why he is right.

Tony
02-09-2017, 01:26 PM

Sorry to hear more news of guys laid up with injuries, I've had my share and know how it feels to be stuck on the sidelines. I'd rather bowl than sit even when I'm less than 100% and have had to take it easy so I can continue to stay on the lanes. Best wishes to your healing and return to a full schedule in the near future !

1VegasBowler
02-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear more news of guys laid up with injuries, I've had my share and know how it feels to be stuck on the sidelines. I'd rather bowl than sit even when I'm less than 100% and have had to take it easy so I can continue to stay on the lanes. Best wishes to your healing and return to a full schedule in the near future !

Thank you Tony :)

With my knee, I should know a little more on the 22nd when I see my Ortho. Since it has been operated on 7 times already, I'm guessing it has to be replaced, and if it does I'll do it just after the winter leagues are over so I can be ready for the 17-18 winter season.

The shoulder will probably have to be scoped again. Not much improvement since the shot last week and that raises warning flags for me. So if it has to be scoped I'll do that not long after the knee is done.

It kills me not to be able to bowl 4-5 times/week, and I'm probably not doing myself any justice by bowling at all. I should probably take time off, but I'll deal with the pain of bowling 2 days/week so I can be somewhat prepared for the PBA 50 Regional next month, even if I have to take strong drugs to do it.

I guess I can play some tournament poker if I end up on the DL for a couple of months! lol

drlawsoniii
02-09-2017, 02:26 PM
MWhite is very easy to get along with as long as you agree with everything he says and don't disagree with him about why he is right.

It's weird, i've looked over the last few posts he made I didnt notice anything confrontational or belligerent... Are the rules here really that touchy? I'd have thought the bumbling sniper would have been banned long before this guy.

Amyers
02-09-2017, 02:38 PM
It's weird, i've looked over the last few posts he made I didnt notice anything confrontational or belligerent... Are the rules here really that touchy? I'd have thought the bumbling sniper would have been banned long before this guy.

I think it happened a while back and it may be the offending post has been removed. I know that he went through a spell of simply attacking everything RobM said and was asked to stop by multiple posters including myself. I either have forgotten or didn't see what lead directly to the banning but I know that it had reached a point that I was sick of it.

1VegasBowler
02-09-2017, 02:51 PM
I think it happened a while back and it may be the offending post has been removed. I know that he went through a spell of simply attacking everything RobM said and was asked to stop by multiple posters including myself. I either have forgotten or didn't see what lead directly to the banning but I know that it had reached a point that I was sick of it.

Ya' know, it's one thing to being able to agree to disagree and we all have opinions. But some of the fighting, arguing and personal attacks have been beyond nonsensical. It's as if some people have become totally unglued.

Constructive conversations that have disagreements for different points of view is part of what we're here for.

vdubtx
02-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Why was Mike banned. Is it a permanent ban?

He was a salty one...that Mike. Never let anything go.

bowl1820
02-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Yes, Mike got banned and it's permanent, He got banned over on bowlingchat too.

He liked making things personal if he didn't agree with what you said or if you didn't agree with everything he said.

He targeted Rob commenting on pretty much every post he made, telling him how wrong he was on everything he posted. Before Rob came on here, he did the same thing to me.

This carried over to bowlingchat, he then started doing it to some others over there also. He was warned (here & there) to stop, but he wouldn't do it. So he got booted.

It's one thing to disagree with something someone posts, but when you start constantly slipping in snide and backhanded comments about how the poster (and targeting just that one poster constantly) is a idiot or stupid or whatever, your going to far.

now there's been enough talk about this. The thread is closed.