PDA

View Full Version : Cost per game in your area?

KYDave
02-08-2017, 07:30 PM
So it seems everywhere in ky/so IN prices have noticeably increased.

I have about 9 centers within about a 30 min drive. So atleast there is that.

Used to be able to bowl weekend during the day for about 3-350. At night obviously a little more expensive. Now the going price is 4.50+ day, close to 6 if you want to bowl on the weekend night.

The center I used to bowl most often they ran the lanes right at open on sunday at noon. was 3.75/game and was buy 2 get 1 free. they got rid of that special this year, and now 4.75.

There are a couple specials to be had, if you want to go at 9pm after league, or 2/game first hour on sunday. Problem is most cases the lanes are beat. Often even weekend days they haven't been ran since the night before. Very frustrating. So cheap price but terrible conditions, or premium price for fresh but often bowling with several bday parties going on.

Anyone else have these issues? Have you noticed pricing increase or often have terrible conditions?

fokai73
02-08-2017, 10:26 PM
After leagues, 9:30pm, it's $11 and $14 unlimited bowling till midnight M-F @ 2 private houses. this is for everyone, league or no league requires. Some houses are $3.50 - $5.50 after leagues or before leagues.
Then there's league bowler specials from 2 free games to $0.30 per game to $1.50 to $2.34 per game. Depends what house you belong to. These are used anytime of the week besides league times.
I can't complain. For a buck fifty I can get 5 games...

Sstech
02-08-2017, 10:27 PM
I live in a small Indiana town and the closest center is 3.5 a game allk@lafvb.com hours.

Blomer
02-08-2017, 10:29 PM
My center is $2.5-3 a game. Since im a regular, I pay $1.

Sstech
02-08-2017, 10:30 PM
I live in a small Indiana town and the closest center is 3.5 a game allk@lafvb.com hours.
All hours...not sure what that was above

KYDave
02-08-2017, 10:49 PM
Sounds like you guys can get some good deals. However the 930-mid would be tough having to get up at 530a.
I was a regular at the 2 for 3 place. Bowled 8 games a week there. After they declined my discount card, raised prices, and wouldn't even give me a deal for my bday. A few places give $10 off on bday. I asked and they laughed at me and said I was stupid.

Where in Indiana?

mishatx
02-09-2017, 12:15 AM
3.50 off peak, 4.00 on peak, give or take a quarter. I think most houses give league bowlers a buck or two off. It's pretty easy to find a coupon for a free game or a couple bucks off the total bill. Place around the corner has $10-all-you can weekends after the leagues and it gets pretty packed.

NewToBowling
02-09-2017, 12:43 AM
League rate is $2.35

Otherwise looking at $5-6 weekends and $4 weeknights. There is $1.50 Sunday special before noon

KYDave
02-09-2017, 07:03 PM
I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like normal price is about the same. I guess I just got used to the cheaper pricing. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a crap shoot of having decent lanes or 100 bday parties going on.

The specials are where it's at I suppose. I should be thankful that I atleast have choices of where to go. Several have closed over the years, but some are still doing well.

BTW, a Main Event opened here. Went there on super bowl sunday for their $5/hr special. There was zero oil on the lanes. I mean zero. Girl literally walked straight down the middle of the lane to get a ball from the gutter half way down. By far the worst lanes I've ever bowled on. I couldn't imagine paying the full price of $36/hr. Apparently they are always like that because they are a "fun and recreation" place and could care less about maintaining the lanes.

mishatx
02-09-2017, 09:12 PM
I was surprised the TV event this weekend was at a Main Event, because I've heard that complaint before.

Amyers
02-10-2017, 10:08 AM
I bowl regularly in most of the houses here so I generally get a discount. The cheapest is $1 a game and half the time they tell me just not to worry about it. The most expensive is $2.50. I generally try to go when they aren't busy. I don't expect to get to bowl for $1 a game on Friday or Saturday night though.

KYDave
02-10-2017, 06:33 PM
I bowl regularly in most of the houses here so I generally get a discount. The cheapest is $1 a game and half the time they tell me just not to worry about it. The most expensive is $2.50. I generally try to go when they aren't busy. I don't expect to get to bowl for $1 a game on Friday or Saturday night though.

Wow! Are these private houses or franchise?

foreverincamo
02-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Lots of specials in my area ( Akron OH ). Many places have $1/game times. Some have $7 for three hours of lane time. One place is $1/game and each game equals a ticket for a free ball every week.

Vegetony
02-13-2017, 10:47 PM
The center I go to has lots of specials. My favorite is a $3.00 cover charge, $.25 for shoes and $.25 per game from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. twice a week, during afternoons.

hotdog`966
02-20-2017, 11:22 PM
3.50 to 5.99 depending on the day and time. Fridays 8-11 it is $10 bowl as much as you can

got_a_300
02-22-2017, 11:55 AM
We pay $1.25 per game plus tax which comes out to be $1.38 per game
which isn't all that bad. We also have a special pay $10.00 and bowl all
you can for 2hrs and then on Sat. night it's cyber bowl night $10.00 all
you can bowl from 7PM until 11PM.

KYDave
02-22-2017, 09:58 PM
Update on this.

Several centers are finally running some worthwhile specials.

Also, the summer trios league I'm joining has free 3 game practice sessions 2 days a week for league bowlers. One night and one daytime.

Still a bit of a struggle to find lanes that aren't burnt a lot of the time.

YODA
02-22-2017, 10:23 PM
I guess it depends.. Most of the places in my area are $3 a game and $2 shoe rental (if you rent shoes)

One advantage is two centers nearby offer a thing thats unlimited bowling for $5 from 1-5 on Monday-Friday which we usually take advantage of.

And those same two have the friday night and saturday night neon bowling for $1/game from 10pm-2am

bigt_45
02-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Update on this.

Several centers are finally running some worthwhile specials.

Also, the summer trios league I'm joining has free 3 game practice sessions 2 days a week for league bowlers. One night and one daytime.

Still a bit of a struggle to find lanes that aren't burnt a lot of the time.

Dave are you in the Louisville area? If so I'm interested to know that league. A couple buddies and I have been bowling the Executive VIP lanes Tuesday/Thursday nights just for fun but they are different every time. We'd like to join a league somewhere soon. -Travis

KYDave
02-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Dave are you in the Louisville area? If so I'm interested to know that league. A couple buddies and I have been bowling the Executive VIP lanes Tuesday/Thursday nights just for fun but they are different every time. We'd like to join a league somewhere soon. -Travis

Yes I am. This is Hoosier strike and spare. It is moving to its new location is Clarksville In April. It is currently in New Albany.

At executive they have been trying 4 different patterns since the switch over to the new lanes. I was there Monday for the test. They were just numbered patterns, no detail at all yet on what the patterns were. Based on feedback they will be selecting a pattern to run as their new house shot

LOUVIT
02-24-2017, 07:18 PM
we have $1 a game Mon, Tues, and Thurs but all during the day for us old retired people...lol $2 on Sunday morning etc....Oakfield lanes Brandon Fl if you want to look up the specials...

bdtrob300
03-01-2017, 06:59 PM
In southwest PA most centers charge $2.50 a game. But a few of the newer 'upscale' centers charge $3.50-$4.50 a game. $2 for shoes everywhere. Most alleys have a 'dollar nite' and/or matinee discount for us fellow cheapskates. Lol