PDA

View Full Version : Storm Wipeout

drlawsoniii
02-24-2017, 09:17 AM
I have a buddy who bowls 2 handed with a 15lb Wipeout. He's having the problem with it reading too early, it comes oob 3000 grit, anyone have any suggestions on what to try to get him some more length?

Thanks,

Rob

bowl1820
02-24-2017, 09:58 AM
I have a buddy who bowls 2 handed with a 15lb Wipeout. He's having the problem with it reading too early, it comes oob 3000 grit, anyone have any suggestions on what to try to get him some more length?

Thanks,

Rob

Try it at 4000 see how it does, next would be add a little polish.

J Anderson
02-24-2017, 10:09 AM

Thanks,

Rob

More speed would be my first suggestion. More axis rotation and/or more axis tilt can also delay when the ball reads the lane, but most two-handers I've seen have more than enough rotation.

Oh, wait a second, this is the wrong part of the foum to suggest a change in technique. This is where every problem can be fixed changing the balls surface, drilling, or getting a different ball.

If the ball has a fair amount of games on it, the problem might be that it's no longer at 3000 sanded and just needs to be brought back to o.o.b. If this ball has always read too early for your friend, pollishing it may help. If that doesn't work it may just be that this ball is not a good match for the combination of his technique and the actual lane conditions.

bigt_45
02-24-2017, 11:39 AM
I have a Wipeout, I just started and it's my first ball, and it actually reads pretty late for me even with 1000 grit. But I am speed dominant and the drilling angle is way to big. I'd also suggest trying a little more speed and less hand.

skfboiler
02-28-2017, 10:39 AM
I have the sister ball to the Wipe Out, the Storm Punch Out and from the factory it is 1500 grit polished to give you an idea. I have just the standard drilling as this is my first ball; no specs for the PSO to go by. It gets down the lane pretty good. Sometimes I wish it could go a little further.

Stormed1
02-28-2017, 11:38 PM
Taking it up in steps from 500 to 4000 will add length . If more is neededyou can add polish or even an extender polish. Also a flare reducing weight hole would help.. I would start with going 500/1000/2000/3000/4000 and go from there