PDA

View Full Version : Ghosting

Mohrevs
03-02-2017, 12:51 PM
Ghosting
The Jackal Ghost, the newest Asymmetrical release from Motiv. I was excited to see the changes in the ball core/cover combo. As with this being an Asym, I had to make sure of the drilling to be able to get the most out of this ball. Given that I am rev dominant and have a lower tilt, I consulted with Jason Poli on choosing a layout. The lay out we came up with was 70 X 5' X 45. The hopes for the layout was to delay the start of the core and not have nearly as much flare.
So the question is did all of the preparation work? The answer to the question is YES! As I drilled the Original Carnage, I drilled it stronger and had lots of hook stop motion and very little continuation through the pins. What I have found thus far with the Ghost is the opposite. The Ghost allows for me to use the ball in the puddle. I have been able to open up my angles through the front part of the lane and toss the ball to the spot. The Ghost doesn't over read the dry and when I use the shim to the left the larger pin to pap has allowed me the miss room left. With any strong Asym, the Ghost does need Oil. The benefit with the Asym core and this cover is it allows me to start a little deeper on the fresh and stay away from the traffic on heavier oiled patterns.
So as this all goes, If someone is looking for a ball for heavy oil or a heavy puddle house pattern I would suggest trying the Ghost. The Core and Cover match really well, blending the lane out. The ghost will allow you to start inside the puddle toss it to the dry and maintain the continuation through the pins. The Ghost will have no issues telling you when it is time to transition away from it and place it in the bag as well. This is another wonderful piece in the long line from Motiv.
Thank you

Clayton Mohr
Motiv Staff