PDA

View Full Version : Waiting

chip82901
03-06-2017, 04:26 PM
So, I won a contest through Storm around Valentines Day for myself and a friend to receive a Timeless. Being that I live a whole 2 hours away from the factory, I figured it wouldn't take long to receive. But, I am STILL waiting on them to ship it out. They said something about there being a back order on it, which I understand as it's a pretty popular ball. But, you would think that if they were doing a contest to give 2 of them away, they would hold a couple for their contest right? Bowling wyoming masters this weekend, and I'd REALLY like to have that ball in my arsenal...I just don't see it happening though.

J Anderson
03-06-2017, 05:13 PM
So, I won a contest through Storm around Valentines Day for myself and a friend to receive a Timeless. Being that I live a whole 2 hours away from the factory, I figured it wouldn't take long to receive. But, I am STILL waiting on them to ship it out. They said something about there being a back order on it, which I understand as it's a pretty popular ball. But, you would think that if they were doing a contest to give 2 of them away, they would hold a couple for their contest right? Bowling wyoming masters this weekend, and I'd REALLY like to have that ball in my arsenal...I just don't see it happening though.

It's probably being shipped through their distributor in Long Island. Parcel post both ways.

chip82901
03-06-2017, 05:58 PM
It hasn't even shipped yet. It's been almost a month. When I won the contest on here for a Phaze II, I received it in about 3 days straight from the factory. You'd think, that being that they did the contest, it would ship from the factory.

KYDave
03-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Yeah that seems a little unreasonable.

I'm not very patient. I can research something for a month and be fine. But once I make a decision I'm ready for it yesterday lol

Tony
03-06-2017, 08:39 PM
I would say that's some nice contest winnings, a phase II and a Timeless, maybe the shipping people at the factory noticed that you were winning all these balls and decided you could wait a little while for it ! lol
Seems like a bit of a wait, but then again it's a free ball....
As long as they still show you have an open order and are due a ball I wouldn't get too worried about it. Many contests have a disclaimer saying prizes will be delivered in six to eight weeks.....

Stormed1
03-06-2017, 11:02 PM
The Timeless has ben on backorder from Storm. The underestimated the demand. Message I got from my distributer indicates they should be caught up with the demand in another couple weeks

KYDave
03-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Storm/RG has some nice equipment.

However their marketing is 2nd to none. I've never seen so many people excited about a ball before it is even released.

chip82901
03-07-2017, 11:19 AM
Well, they have been very polite and responsive when I ask for updates. Wyoming masters is this weekend and I was hoping to have it before then, but looks like that's not going to happen. They did offer me another choice of ball, but, being that I was actually the first to know of the Timeless existence outside of Storm and Belmo, I was kinda hoping for one lol (have a buddy that works for Storm that gave me a heads up on it). They told me they are looking toward the end of march to be caught up on everything, which basically means, I receive this ball when my season is basically over, which sucks

foreverincamo
03-07-2017, 05:02 PM
Well, congrats on the win. Bummer on the wait.