PDA

View Full Version : Layout/Drilling Question

StormTex
03-17-2017, 03:06 PM
Just got a Storm Timeless from my local pro shop and had it drilled to a storm4x4x3 layout, understanding I don't know my PAP and don't know why I really haven't asked for it but got the ball back with a balance hole/4th hole
just curious why this is necessary, I put a lot of faith in my PSO and he is one of the best in the area and proven but, I didn't really ask why.
regardless this ball is working great for me the way its set up,

RobLV1
03-17-2017, 05:17 PM
Your PSO undoubtedly had to add the extra hole to make the ball legal for USBC's antiquated static weight requirements. This regulation has been in effect since the days before modern balls with dynamic cores, and should really be revoked since their own ball motion study places static weights just below the ambient temperature in the bowling center in terms of their effect on ball motion. As long as the extra hole is drilled on or near your PAP, it will not affect how the ball reacts on the lane.

StormTex
03-17-2017, 10:29 PM
Thanks so much for the explanation, since I posted I read a couple of articles and knew it wasn't for changing the ball hook timing, the weight makes a whole lot of sense and it is very near my pap even though I don't know what my pap is there is still a small mark in the general area I think it should be, ball has one game on it so far
Thanks again