PDA

View Full Version : EBI Demo #2 thoughts

KYDave
03-19-2017, 06:49 PM
So a couple of us went up to Muncie again for another EBI demo.

There were several people from EBI staff there and were very helpful.

They had several more balls to try than the one we had local.
My buddy was inbetween the Cyborg Pearl and the Kinetic Emerald (did not have this one local). He decided on the K EM. I threw it as well, great ball!

His girl had pre ordered the new Motiv United Revolt. Ended up her span on her first ball was wrong, so that was fixed. I had bowled with her and discovered she is a full roller. Now that I know this, we laid out the ball CG in grip and pin at 7:30. She absolutely loves it!

Made some span and pitch changes on my new Impulse they punched for me. I made the ring finger longer and thumb pitch from 3/8 neg to 1/8 neg. Has greatly reduced my grip pressure and love how it feels!

I had a couple layouts in mind for it as well. One of the EBI guys had suggested a longer pin to pap to try. I've never owned a sym (or asym for that matter) with a 5 1/2 pin to pap. Going to our home center tomorrow to try it out. Bowled 15 games and both the lanes and myself were beat so wasn't able to judge anything with the new layout. Local center is going to lay out a fresh pattern for us for ball testing and $1 games. Hard to beat that!

Will also mention even with heavier oil I still do not like the Mako. The Mav and Mav Pearl looked a little better but still not me.

Was really impressed by the Hammer Rebel Solid, GB2 Phenom pearl and as mentioned the Kinetic Emerald. Sideswide I was neutral on.

bigt_45
03-20-2017, 12:31 AM
Fresh oil and dollar games, sounds like heaven!

KYDave
03-20-2017, 09:37 AM
Fresh oil and dollar games, sounds like heaven!

Heck ya! After today I will only have 380 hrs of vacation time left tho. Hope I make it count today lol.

Any luck with the Thug?

J Anderson
03-20-2017, 10:51 AM
Heck ya! After today I will only have 380 hrs of vacation time left tho. Hope I make it count today lol.

Any luck with the Thug?

You get over 9 weeks of vacation????????

KYDave
03-20-2017, 11:09 AM
You get over 9 weeks of vacation????????

In my Mel Brooks voice- it's good to be the king!

Actually I am pretty high seniority but not the king lol. I get quite a bit of vacation time but not 9 weeks per year. We get to roll over unused time year to year.

bigt_45
03-20-2017, 11:30 AM

Any luck with the Thug?

That's incredible! I own a business so vacation time is pretty much non-existent.

The Thug is in great shape and I think it is going to work well for me once I get used to it. I had a crazy 2nd game Thursday, started out with 2 strikes then went 4 splits in a row, two more strikes, then two more splits. I hit the pocket every time I just couldn't get the Wipe Out, Crux, or Thug to carry at all for some reason....shook it off and made it through a 196 the third game though haha

NewToBowling
03-20-2017, 02:03 PM
I get 5 weeks a year and thought that was good.

KYDave
03-21-2017, 05:49 PM
That's incredible! I own a business so vacation time is pretty much non-existent.

The Thug is in great shape and I think it is going to work well for me once I get used to it. I had a crazy 2nd game Thursday, started out with 2 strikes then went 4 splits in a row, two more strikes, then two more splits. I hit the pocket every time I just couldn't get the Wipe Out, Crux, or Thug to carry at all for some reason....shook it off and made it through a 196 the third game though haha

Sounds like it is working out for you!

Bowled 9 games yesterday at Hoosier. Bit of a miscommunication tho, they had a field trip so had to wait an hour for our lanes. I was told they were run, but didn't appear so. In the middle of bowling they started running lanes. Of course.
Still overall a fun time, just wasn't able to get a read like I wanted on my arsenal for their lanes.

I can tell you tho, despite being a lower flare pin, impulse flat hooks in transition without loosing a lot of energy. I can take hand out and play around the track, or I can rip on and still make it back to the pocket. I kept moving left and it kept coming back lol. Very happy I have something I am able to play anywhere from 2nd to 5th arrow.