PDA

View Full Version : Storm Timeless Bowling Ball Review by Lane Side Reviews

bowl1820
03-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Storm Timeless Bowling Ball Review by Lane Side Reviews

Published on Mar 19, 2017

We were lucky enough to be sent the New TIMELESS by Storm Bowling. We put it through its paces on KEGEL Main Street oil pattern and have brought the results to you!

Best viewed in 720HD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJWbdh-wZws

bigt_45
03-20-2017, 11:42 AM
I have been told that a Storm demo is coming to my town soon and I hope this ball is one of the options, I'd love to check it out.

chip82901
03-20-2017, 05:30 PM
I'm punching mine out (finally!) on Saturday. Hopefully I will have some more input to comment on here. Great video guys. From what I've seen from other people throwing it, it goes long, and smooth, but aggressive on the back end

RobLV1
03-20-2017, 05:51 PM
The Timeless is the best release from Storm in many, many years... in fact since the same ball was introduced in 2006... the HyRoad! The Timeless is a great choice for most bowlers. Especially those who see Belmo's name on the ball and the inflated price tag and assume that it's a really "strong" ball which it's not, so they buy it. The good news is that it will probably work out better for them than if they paid the same price for something that really is too "strong."

Tony
03-20-2017, 06:07 PM
The Timeless is the best release from Storm in many, many years... in fact since the same ball was introduced in 2006... the HyRoad! The Timeless is a great choice for most bowlers. Especially those who see Belmo's name on the ball and the inflated price tag and assume that it's a really "strong" ball which it's not, so they buy it. The good news is that it will probably work out better for them than if they paid the same price for something that really is too "strong."

What's funny is although the specs on the balls are nearly identical the perfect score rating is much much higher for the timeless. I know several guys that have them and feel they play just like their Hy-Road as Rob indicated. If you want to save some money you might just get a hy road before they discontinue them. I have a 3 year old hy road and so I don't need the timeless but I'm almost tempted to buy another hyroad and keep it in the box for sometime down the road.

RobLV1
03-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Of course, the Perfect Score rating is much higher for the Timeless. The Differential is higher. The problem is that the higher differential is only a factor for the high rev players, and most of us are not those bowlers!

Tony
03-21-2017, 12:47 AM
Of course, the Perfect Score rating is much higher for the Timeless. The Differential is higher. The problem is that the higher differential is only a factor for the high rev players, and most of us are not those bowlers!

The spec sheet shows a difference of .004, is that more significant than it would appear?

RobLV1
03-21-2017, 05:16 AM
No. It's just a justification for the extra $50 that has been added to the price tag because Belmo's name is on the ball. It's also another example of how totally useless the "Perfect Score" rating system really is.

Amyers
03-21-2017, 09:38 AM
No. It's just a justification for the extra $50 that has been added to the price tag because Belmo's name is on the ball. It's also another example of how totally useless the "Perfect Score" rating system really is.

Agreed