PDA

View Full Version : advice on a new ball

Bowlingfan92
03-21-2017, 11:03 PM
I have a pin up dark legend solid, pin up side swipe solid, pin up gb2, what ball, and pin up or down, would you reccomend to accomodote what I all ready have?

KYDave
03-22-2017, 12:40 AM
Pin up does not mean a whole lot. Everything I own is a pin up but completely different layouts.

Let's start with what do you want the ball to do and what void are you trying to fill?

Bowlingfan92
03-22-2017, 11:33 AM
I need something that will get through the front clean and not over/under react. I have a lot of strong balls and a lot of "weaker" balls but nothing pearl wise that's in the middle. Would something like the phobia, emerald kenetic, tyrant pearl work?

Amyers
03-22-2017, 11:59 AM
I need something that will get through the front clean and not over/under react. I have a lot of strong balls and a lot of "weaker" balls but nothing pearl wise that's in the middle. Would something like the phobia, emerald kenetic, tyrant pearl work?

Try the Brunswick Fanatic should fill the spot nicely.

bigt_45
03-22-2017, 03:50 PM

I really liked the Tyrant pearl I threw at an EBI demo a couple weeks back, since it was drilled pin-up and neutral it got down lane very nicely and still had some turn at the back. Very nice carry too.

KYDave
03-22-2017, 06:04 PM
I liked the Tyrant Pearl at the demo also. But for me the Cyborg Pearl was a little smoother. Throwing the Kinetic Emerald at the last demo I liked it the best on medium conditions. Tyrant is a little stronger on heavier and a bit touchy on medium for me.

I'll also add the DareDevil. Love that ball and very versatile. However it is also very skid/flip compared to the others above. I'll see if I have a vid I can post up.

Bowlingfan92
03-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Well I loved my dark legend solid a lot and wanted something that went a little longer and found a dark legend hybrid and It should give me just enough more length. I am going to have it drilled just like the solid. They should be a perfect fit. After that I think Ill save up for a phobia, cyborg pearl and or a phenom pearl

chip82901
03-23-2017, 05:09 PM
I've been throwing a Storm Street Fight for most of the season this year. Clears the heads well, isn't jumpy in the mid, and has a nice, predictable back end reaction. And with the massive Iron Cross core in it, it hits like a freight train.

NewToBowling
03-23-2017, 05:13 PM
I've never heard a ball that didn't clear the heads well and didn't hit like a freight train.

Aslan
03-23-2017, 05:26 PM
I've never heard a ball that didn't clear the heads well and didn't hit like a freight train.

Iceman just sent me a message via carrier pigeon and recommends the Hammer Deadly Aim.

chip82901
03-24-2017, 10:56 AM
I'm talking about when the lanes start to burn up a bit. I've thrown a LOT of bowling balls, and I've never had a ball hit like this. The core is MASSIVE. Also, when it hits, it keeps the pins fairly low, which is a good thing for the twisters we have in my home house