PDA

View Full Version : how to stop leaving only 3 and 9 pin?

2handedsniper
03-25-2017, 01:18 PM
I bowl with two hands so I leave two pins alot. Thank you

mishatx
03-25-2017, 02:20 PM
you consistently have a 3-9 leave? You need to hit the pocket better.

Blomer
03-25-2017, 03:07 PM
Congrats!

2handedsniper
03-25-2017, 03:53 PM
i don't leave double wood anymore, usually one pin or the other

drlawsoniii
03-25-2017, 03:58 PM
you consistently have a 3-9 leave? You need to hit the pocket better.

or stop the rugby style chest pass half way down the lane...

Aslan
03-25-2017, 04:29 PM
RH or LH is important to the answer.

My best guess without seeing a video and assuming you're right-handed...is that you need to move 2:1 inside...increase your angle...fix your line. You're not hitting the 1-3 pocket...you're missing left...assuming you're not pulling the shot...your line has to be off.

If you're LH...that's a more complicated question...because it likely means a 1:1 or 2:1 move inside to battle your ball burning out....OR...it could be a 2:1 move outside because your line is too aggressive.

Aslan
03-25-2017, 04:34 PM
or stop the rugby style chest pass half way down the lane...
That won't end as long as Belmo is winning championships.

Once Belmo blows out his back...I think bowlers will abandon, for the most part, the 2-handed style when people realize how much harder it is to be a high-level bowler throwing 2-handed. The advantage in carry is almost always overpowered by the disadvantages related to consistency, longevity, and spare-shooting.

i don't leave double wood anymore, usually one pin or the other

Well, that's different. For a 3-pin, my original advice applies. For a single 9-pin...that definitely depends on RH versus LH.

bowl1820
03-25-2017, 04:53 PM
RH or LH is important to the answer.

My best guess without seeing a video and assuming you're right-handed...is that you need to move 2:1 inside...increase your angle...fix your line. You're not hitting the 1-3 pocket...you're missing left...assuming you're not pulling the shot...your line has to be off.

If you're LH...that's a more complicated question...because it likely means a 1:1 or 2:1 move inside to battle your ball burning out....OR...it could be a 2:1 move outside because your line is too aggressive.

Amazing you never seen his video he posted! Where He throws a 8lb ball down the lane like he's passing a basketball.

Have a look here:
https://vimeo.com/180988446

Timmyb
03-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Ugh.......(he says head in hands)

mishatx
03-26-2017, 11:50 AM
There was a "kid" (he was at least 17) during spring break bowling like that a few lanes down from me. That video doesn't do justice to how annoyingly LOUD it is.

Aslan
03-26-2017, 09:05 PM
Amazing you never seen his video he posted! Where He throws a 8lb ball down the lane like he's passing a basketball.

Have a look here:
https://vimeo.com/180988446

He struck and it looks like hes having fun. That's a win/win. I'd rather leave a 3-pin and/or a 9-pin than a corner pin...easier to pick up.

chip82901
03-28-2017, 01:53 PM
Oh, he's appeared again! The guy that tried to give me advice on 2-handed bowling when he throws the ball the same as my 4 year old niece. Dude, not trying to be rude here, but until you actually change how you throw the ball, there really is no helping you. You're not going to have a consistent release with how you throw the ball, ever. And, I'm surprised your house actually allows you to throw a ball like that. Most houses get irate when someone lofts it 2 feet, I couldn't imagine seeing that

chip82901
03-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Aslan, I've bowled with 2 hands my entire life (I'm now 29). I can honestly say, I've had more knee issues than back issues. I've actually fixed my approach in the last few years to get rid of that hop step you see most 2-handers have. I don't have the ball speed like Belmo has (Usually between 16.5-17.2 at the back end), nor the rev rate (belmo is over 600, I'm around 385-400). But, as for longevity, I can honestly see myself bowling like this for many more years. Obviously, there will be a certain age where I'm going to have to do something different if I choose to continue bowling, and when that day comes I will make the change. Until then, I'm just gonna keep it up

Tony
03-28-2017, 11:08 PM
He struck and it looks like hes having fun. That's a win/win. I'd rather leave a 3-pin and/or a 9-pin than a corner pin...easier to pick up.

So the question you had earlier remains, is that right handed, left handed or does it really even matter ?

chip82901
03-29-2017, 09:40 AM
It looks like technically its a "Right Handed" delivery, but honestly, I don't even know where to begin with this guy. Like, I'm at a loss for words when it comes to trying to give any advice other than the fact that he will never be consistent with this delivery method.