PDA

View Full Version : Best way to ship a ball?

Blomer
03-30-2017, 04:06 PM
What's the best way to ship a ball. Winning the ball give away contest, I'm sending in a ball To them to copy the specs and drill my new ball. Never shipped a ball before. Suggestions?

LOUVIT
03-30-2017, 04:27 PM
USPO when I won my Phaze from here they used ups I think and it ended up back at Storm saying my address didn't exist. The post office got it here in Florida in 3 day's. Took me 4-5 weeks to get the ball I won here.

got_a_300
03-30-2017, 05:06 PM
Who are you going to get to drill your new ball if it is
bowlingball.com I think they have a free pickup service
if you want send your ball in to be copied.

LOUVIT
03-30-2017, 07:17 PM
I had my ball shipped undrilled, and my pso Tom Dougherty drilled it, it was worth the 40 bucks or so to have a free ball drilled. You guys know all this pap and tracks and etc, I do not. So I cannot order a drilled ball.

Blomer
03-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Who are you going to get to drill your new ball if it is
bowlingball.com I think they have a free pickup service
if you want send your ball in to be copied.

They sent me a shipping label. But I gotta box it. So put it in the box it came in, they find another box slightly larger than that?

JasonNJ
03-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Yeah, I just found any old box that one of my old balls came in and then put that in a regular cardboard box to ship.

KYDave
03-31-2017, 09:13 AM
They sent me a shipping label. But I gotta box it. So put it in the box it came in, they find another box slightly larger than that?

Yes. You want to pack it in such a way that the inside box is "floating" in the bigger box. When shipping heavier/fragile items we used to go to the dollar store and buy pool noodles. Then slit them down the middle and use them as corners around the inside box. After that fill the voids with packing material.

I know a ball isn't super fragile. But you would be surprised how much stuff gets thrown around. I know this seems a bit overkill but I have yet to have anything damaged in shipping. And I think all told I may spend a couple dollars in noodles.

Blomer
03-31-2017, 12:36 PM
Shipped it off. I surrounded the bowling ball box with plastic bags so ball wouldn't be slamming against the sides. Probably over did it but better safe than sorry. Thanks for all the tips.

JasonNJ
03-31-2017, 01:28 PM
Shipped it off. I surrounded the bowling ball box with plastic bags so ball wouldn't be slamming against the sides. Probably over did it but better safe than sorry. Thanks for all the tips.

Make sure you have KrazyGlue or something like that when you get the new ball. Bowlingball.com doesn't glue in the finger grips. I guess they want to make sure you get them feeling just right and they have you glue it yourself.

NewToBowling
03-31-2017, 09:12 PM
Just be sure to pack it really well. Don't want them to drop the box and damage the ball :)