PDA

View Full Version : Does your center have all the summer league schedules out ?

Tony
04-05-2017, 09:27 AM
For the first time I decided to join a summer league, and the centers have not yet published a list of leagues for the summer. Not sure if this is normal since I never looked for a summer league before, but it seems to me business wise it would be smart to get that info out now before winter leagues are finished and people are still in the bowling center captive and ready to sign up......
Maybe I'll run into the owner today, and I'll ask him....

NewToBowling
04-05-2017, 10:29 AM
That is real late. Ours are usually out around beginning of March. Have to give people bowling in fall/winter leagues opportunity to look and see what is on the summer schedule

fordman1
04-05-2017, 10:46 AM
probably why so many centers go out of business. Poor planning and business sense.

NewToBowling
04-05-2017, 11:23 AM
Most are just going through the motions. Doing same things they have done for the last 30 years.

classygranny
04-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Our fall/winter leagues don't finish until the middle to end of May. Both houses I bowl at have had the summer schedule out for at least a month now. AND they have people calling to see if you are going to bowl, again or still, or whatever. I still get the call for an evening league I haven't bowled in over 4 years.

foreverincamo
04-06-2017, 11:47 AM
Ours are out, either in print or on FB or their respective websites.

JasonNJ
04-06-2017, 01:06 PM
My center has their schedule out. I was pretty disappointed no Sport Shot league this summer.

Tony
04-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Update, they had the sheets / flyer's out yesterday, nothing updated on web site or FB page.
Not very many selections, basically one scratch and a couple of other sanctioned leagues, the rest are non sanctioned drinking party leagues.
I'm thinking about going with the scratch league, I'm really not a scratch level bowler but it's a singles league where you bowl 3 different matches each week so it's
a chance to bowl against better bowlers and I'm not hurting any teammates with my bowling if I do poorly.

KYDave
04-06-2017, 03:24 PM
You know that brings up a valid point. The league I signed up for I'm not sure if it is sanctioned. I know the sport practice league is not.

Around here most have been posted. Some are all about Facebook and others are still flyers. Almost noone ever updates their website

bowl1820
04-06-2017, 03:31 PM
Flyers have been out for at least a couple of weeks here. We got
4 mixed leagues (one is a sports challenge)
1 Men's league
3 senior leagues
2 beginner leagues
Kids club league
Kids bowling camp
Family sports challenge league

and as always there's the $20 per month playpass for unlimited open bowling.

and your Reward card.

Stormed1
04-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Both centers I bowl here have had them listed for about a month

foreverincamo
04-08-2017, 12:39 AM
I'm going to work with my coach on getting some weekend clinics in on PBA50 oil patterns for those who are thinking of trying to compete in it. Where I bowl league there's a singles sport shot league, only this year they changed all the patterns

AlexNC
04-10-2017, 08:20 AM
Ours have been posted here for about a month. Other centers in my area have also had theirs posted for a while.

Aslan
04-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Most centers here are just as bad.

If you look at it from their point of view, they don't often know which teams and which leagues are coming back. They try to guage it before sweeps by passing around papers asking who is returning...but most of us know bowlers that are "undecided" right up till the last minute.

It's also complicated, as classygranny mentioned, in that leagues have varying start/finish times. Most leagues around here are Vegas sweeper leagues...and most of the ones I've participated in have nearly the same length seasons in winter and summer. March to September (fall/winter) and September to March (summer). However, some leagues have the more traditional format where fall/winter is a longer season (Sept. to May) and summer season is either skipped or a shortened season like June to September.

I've given up on the league flyers at the center I most often bowl at...because, despite letting them know, the league President know, etc......they still haven't listed their big Monday league on the flyer. Each time, they say, "oh...wow...I can't believe it's not on there."...and each flyer then leaves it off. I go to the website...look at the league sheets...figure out what league(s) I want to join...then figure out when those leagues start/finish. The website is updated every week...rather than the flyers which are updated twice a year.

mishatx
04-10-2017, 08:22 PM
One of the locals just posted the schedule on facebook. Looks like they're starting the end of may / start of june.

The other two seem to keep it a secret or something.

got_a_300
04-12-2017, 06:55 PM
Our center put out the summer leagues schedules a
few weeks ago.