PDA

View Full Version : KR replacement heel - same as Brunswick?

panbanger
04-10-2017, 05:39 PM
I'm looking for a replacement heel for my Brunswick shoe. A medium H7 to be precise. They are hard to find suddenly! I do however see a couple KR Strikeforce H7 replacement heels for sale, and they look similar to the Brunswick although a different color.

Does anyone know if the KR heel will work on my Brunswick shoe? Are these companies the same? I know Brunswick and DV8 are basically the same company, but I'm not familiar with KR Strikeforce. Thanks!

bowl1820
04-10-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm looking for a replacement heel for my Brunswick shoe. A medium H7 to be precise. They are hard to find suddenly! I do however see a couple KR Strikeforce H7 replacement heels for sale, and they look similar to the Brunswick although a different color.

Does anyone know if the KR heel will work on my Brunswick shoe? Are these companies the same? I know Brunswick and DV8 are basically the same company, but I'm not familiar with KR Strikeforce. Thanks!

They should, KR Strikeforce is the one made the shoes for Brunswick and handles the warranty.

panbanger
04-12-2017, 10:11 PM
They should, KR Strikeforce is the one made the shoes for Brunswick and handles the warranty.

Got the KR replacement heel in the mail today and can confirm, they are the same. Sizing, however, is different. What Brunswick sells as a size small for shoe sizes 8 - 9.5 KR sells as a medium. Glad I checked their sizing chart before I ordered :-)

fordman1
04-13-2017, 05:21 PM
I have my sst heel on my Brunswick shoe and it worked. I need a slide sole an 8 isn't giving enough slide. 10 is so slick I can't walk. I bet there is no such thing as a 9?

bowl1820
04-13-2017, 05:54 PM
I have my sst heel on my Brunswick shoe and it worked. I need a slide sole an 8 isn't giving enough slide. 10 is so slick I can't walk. I bet there is no such thing as a 9?

Which S-8 sole are you using, The white microfiber sole?

If so what you want is the original S-8 Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole.

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole is between the new S-8 and the S-10

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole used to be the standard slide sole that came with shoes. But the shoe companies replaced it with the White microfiber slide sole, which doesn't slide as much.

You can get a replacement buckskin sole from Bowlingball.com (where I got mine) or Ebay you just got to cut it to shape

https://www.bowlingball.com/products/accessories/bowlingball.com/9564/original-linds-buck-skin-leather-replacement-slide-sole.html

http://s5.postimg.org/u92s0dz0n/buckskinslidesole01.jpg

KYDave
04-13-2017, 05:59 PM

I'm in the same boat. I couldn't ever find a 9. I usually use 8 and rub in a good amount of ez slide.

I'm also considering making my own hybrid. Something like this using a 8 and 10.

http://www.cheapbowlingballs.com/Assets/Shoes/Dexter/Replacement_Sole/The_9/THS5_t.jpg

KYDave
04-13-2017, 06:03 PM
That's sweet! I remember seeing your thread on that but thought it was closer to the S-2 sole.

fordman1
04-13-2017, 06:08 PM
All of my soles and heels have Teflon strips on them I added a little at a time until it felt right. I don't even remember where I got them. One kind was thin and black the other was thick and beige.
Oh I forgot easy slide is illegal just like powder to put on your shoes.

bowl1820
04-13-2017, 06:34 PM
All of my soles and heels have Teflon strips on them I added a little at a time until it felt right. I don't even remember where I got them. One kind was thin and black the other was thick and beige.
The products being referred to are the Master Tru-Slide and Slide Glide.

The Master Tru-Slide is a Teflon pad that is applied to the sole.

The Master Slide Glide is a Nylon sheet that is cut to fit the sole and applied to it.

http://s5.postimg.org/vnnod10uf/trruslideslideglide.jpg

Oh I forgot easy slide is illegal just like powder to put on your shoes.

Technically Easy Slide is not illegal to put on your sole, What is illegal is getting it on the approach (Rule 12).

KYDave
04-13-2017, 11:30 PM
I learn so much here.

I also have learned there isn't much 1820 doesn't know lol. I've never seen those slides before, pretty cool.

Noone here ever fusses over ez slide unless you stomp it all over the approach.

bowl1820
04-13-2017, 11:49 PM
unless you stomp it all over the approach.

Which is the problem most places.

Most don't use it properly, they put it on their sole like their powdering a babies butt or pour talc on the floor and grind their sole into it. Then step on the approach and track it all over.

panbanger
04-14-2017, 12:15 AM
Yep bowl1820 is a wealth of knowledge! I actually thought of him a few weeks back during league. A guy on the other team got frustrated and left a few frames in to the 2nd game. Everyone was ready to put in his blind score for the rest of the game, but I pulled up the rule book on my bowl.com app and no, that player gets a zero for every remaining frame. I was thinking to myself bowl1820 would be proud of me lol

bowl1820
04-14-2017, 12:33 AM
Yep bowl1820 is a wealth of knowledge! I actually thought of him a few weeks back during league. A guy on the other team got frustrated and left a few frames in to the 2nd game. Everyone was ready to put in his blind score for the rest of the game, but I pulled up the rule book on my bowl.com app and no, that player gets a zero for every remaining frame. I was thinking to myself bowl1820 would be proud of me lol

Thanks for the kudos.

Yep Rule 108 – Failure to Complete Game: 108b. Without Cause

foreverincamo
04-15-2017, 04:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure I'll need a replacement someday

KYDave
04-19-2017, 09:48 PM
Which S-8 sole are you using, The white microfiber sole?

If so what you want is the original S-8 Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole.

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole is between the new S-8 and the S-10

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole used to be the standard slide sole that came with shoes. But the shoe companies replaced it with the White microfiber slide sole, which doesn't slide as much.

You can get a replacement buckskin sole from Bowlingball.com (where I got mine) or Ebay you just got to cut it to shape

https://www.bowlingball.com/products/accessories/bowlingball.com/9564/original-linds-buck-skin-leather-replacement-slide-sole.html

http://s5.postimg.org/u92s0dz0n/buckskinslidesole01.jpg

Just received my buckskin slide sole today. And even on sale! I appreciate the info 1820, by feel it is just what I wanted. I bowl practice tomorrow and will be able to try it out. Hopefully be able to break it in before league starts next Friday. Just another excuse to bowl more ha!