PDA

View Full Version : How do you shoot your first 600?

chrono00
04-10-2017, 10:12 PM
...do it all in the last game...right on the nose. I've had high/mid 500s off and on averaging 155-160. This winter league I've done some things like new high game 255 (twice). And series 570 something then 586.

Started tonight as consistent as could be 176-176. Ok having s decent night. Ended second game with a move and some loft. Third game starts x-9/.After hitting the next 4 I give it some thought and think hey if I keep this up I have a shot. So after 6 in a row I know if I strike in the 9th I've got 600 in the bag....stone 8. Easy enoug except I haven't shot a spare in 20 minutes and nerves have started to set in, but I roll it nice and easy and knock it down. 219 with a spare. I know I need to strike or 9/ and strike to hit it. Thankfully nailed the first ball and left a 10 pin on the next shot and...missed it but was enough for 600 even lol.

I'll say first two games I got a few jerseys (Brooklyns). But that last game was straight money. My third strike, in the fourth frame, was a tad high but still in the pocket enough. Everything else was 10 in the pit.

After having a few apportunites and not finishing, this wasn't bad. After two 176s I literally didn't even think about the possibility until half way through the third game. And by then I felt so confident/dialed in I just figured keep doing ehat I'm doing and if they fall I'm good.

bowl1820
04-10-2017, 10:19 PM
How do you shoot your first 600?

Forget about the score and shooting a 600. Concentrate on your game and if you don't strike, make your spares.

The 600 will come.

chrono00
04-10-2017, 10:28 PM
How do you shoot your first 600?

Forget about the score and shooting a 600. Concentrate on your game and if you don't strike, make your spares.

The 600 will come.

That's kinda how tonight was. 176-176 I didn't really think much. Just a decent night so far. And then they kept falling. Didn't really legitimately think about 600 until they all went down in the 8th frame of the last game

Aslan
04-11-2017, 04:23 PM
Consistency and spare shooting.

foreverincamo
04-11-2017, 06:49 PM
I still remember my first 600, a 656 at a center long closed now. I also remember my first 700. Neither time did I realize I was going to shoot either score. I kept striking and making spares and kept my head in the game. It'll happen. Just let it

chrono00
04-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Aslan... I wasn't asking why I couldn't shoot, because I DID shoot 600. I was half joking because I've had nights where I came close but didn't quite pull it off. One was one of those >250 with a 255 in the second game. Think I needed like a 170 last game and just couldn't hit anything and shot 130 something lol.

While a few times with decent starts I've thought I could do it and came up short. This past Monday with a modest but decent (for me) start of 176-176 I didn't really think much of it. Really all I thought was hey I should be able to shoot in the 500s hopefully. Then I started the third game with a slight move and little loft. The line worked and I kept hitting my mark (inconsticany you mentioned is a problem for me at times). This was a time where 600 didn't even come to mind until I got my fifth strike in a row in the 7th frame.

I just thought it was funny that I literally BARELY hit it. Like in the tenth I need x9 or 9/x to hit it. Struck first ball left a ringing ten second shot and missed the ten lol. Had I left that ringing ten on the first shot in the tenth and missed it I would have come up short. I actually didn't even get nervous until that second shot. All I could think was just keep it on the lane so I can get a 9 count or better on these last two shots lol.

fordman1
04-12-2017, 11:25 AM
You bowl a 600 series just like you pitch a no hitter in base ball. Throw a lot of "STRIKES"

fokai73
04-12-2017, 12:03 PM
you don't need a lot of strikes to shoot 600 series. Be a good spare shooter and you can shoot 6 with even 7 strikes :D

fokai73
04-12-2017, 05:15 PM
A double and go sheet with 9/ and a 9 count, OP does this 3 times, that's 603 series right there.. hahahaha

chrono00
04-12-2017, 08:49 PM
Apparently the thread asking "How do you shoot your first 600?" is by a person that already shot one...which is confusing... :confused:

Confusing how?

I was being Ironic about asking about 600.

I've shot mediocre at best for me the past 5-6 weeks. After bewling every week for over two years I was starting to feel burnt out

I've come close a few times at some point,This time I didn't think about it all night until close to the end. The point of the thread was I shot when I basically least expected it. Nothing through the first 2 would be enough for me to feel confident enough to do, but I did enough and got hot

Timmyb
04-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Let's not underestimate the "once a week" bowler on here. I'm one of them, and you have to go back to December 13th to find the last time I shot under 600.

chrono00
04-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Let's not underestimate the "once a week" bowler on here. I'm one of them, and you have to go back to December 13th to find the last time I shot under 600.

Well aren't you special with only one UNDER 600 since then lol.

Quick background Started bowling maybe 6 years ago average about 100. Few 190-200 avg friend si joined to drink and have fun. After a summer league I bought a ball and shoes.

Other than a small percentage of time since the I've basically bowls once a weak. So for me to I'm doing pretty good at minor incremental improvements to average at this point.

Beyond bowling multiple leagues a week. ( I wish but don't have the time/money). Or getting coaching (money somewhat but most erratic schedule)

I envy u bastards that can shoot 600 without trying lol. ( of course I'm being facetious in that as hard as I try this thread shows sometimes I can barely get to that 600 lol )

Good example. My one friend averaging mid 190s for the most part as long a have I have known him....past 2 years down to 1 night a week because of work/having kids. He shot his first 300 ever a few months ago. At our house which in the last 2 winter leagues including his have had now 4 total 300s.

classygranny
04-12-2017, 11:39 PM
Ok...since this thread is all over the place, I'll go back to my first instinct to post and thought better of it at the time

Original Title: How do you shoot your first 600?

Easy answer: Knock down enough pins to score 600 over three ten frame games of bowling.

Sorry, couldn't resist. As a 180 average bowler, my 600s will usually come when least expected. They come when I am more relaxed or not actually watching my own score that much. Some bowlers actually do better with putting all the pressure on themselves of knowing they have to have "xyz" to get this or to win or to whatever. Some don't. I'm a firm believer in do what's best for you, and the score will follow.

Timmyb
04-13-2017, 01:54 AM
Quick background Started bowling maybe 6 years ago average about 100. Few 190-200 avg friend si joined to drink and have fun. After a summer league I bought a ball and shoes.

Other than a small percentage of time since the I've basically bowls once a weak. So for me to I'm doing pretty good at minor incremental improvements to average at this point.

Beyond bowling multiple leagues a week. ( I wish but don't have the time/money). Or getting coaching (money somewhat but most erratic schedule)

I envy u bastards that can shoot 600 without trying lol. ( of course I'm being facetious in that as hard as I try this thread shows sometimes I can barely get to that 600 lol )

Good example. My one friend averaging mid 190s for the most part as long a have I have known him....past 2 years down to 1 night a week because of work/having kids. He shot his first 300 ever a few months ago. At our house which in the last 2 winter leagues including his have had now 4 total 300s.

Started bowling when I was 8. I'm nearly 51 now. I damn well better be bowling that well (finally!). P.S. No 300 to show for it!

Amyers
04-13-2017, 09:56 AM
This has been a nice thread one question has went in 100 different directions. lol

chrono00
04-13-2017, 04:55 PM
This has been a nice thread one question has went in 100 different directions. lol

Exactly. Everyone's hi jacking my thread into a 1 vs 2 handed debate lol.

I was just happy I got my first 600 guys relax.
Haha

bowl1820
04-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Ok, I think I got the thread back on track.

fordman1
04-21-2017, 11:16 AM
I was just happy I got my first 600 guys relax. Maybe you should have named you post this.
Congratulations on getting there. Now start planning for 700 and 300.