PDA

View Full Version : Going to Kegel soon

Botwin
04-11-2017, 04:59 PM
I will be traveling to Kegel soon, and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for a good 3 ball bag that can be checked as baggage?

(I am flying Jet Blue, so no worries about being bumped and beaten!...LOL)

KYDave
04-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Not familiar with rules of Jet Blue but I've never seen any issues of any of the streamline 3 ball totes such as this

http://www.bowlingball.com/images/product/large/11609_1_.jpg

https://www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-bags/storm/11609/3-ball-tournament-tote-navy.html

NewToBowling
04-11-2017, 05:41 PM
Bring one as carry on for defense purposes :)

JasonNJ
04-11-2017, 06:16 PM
I went to Kegel back in Jan. I used a streamline tote like what KYDave showed but only for 2 balls. Someone also suggested you keep your bowling shoes in your regular luggage which I thought was a good idea.

foreverincamo
04-11-2017, 06:41 PM
Put it on the plane as carry-on, and when they grab at you to take you off the plane, pull it onto their heads.

Andrea
04-12-2017, 08:49 AM
I will be going to Kegel this summer too and was wondering about how to transport my balls. Great suggestions about a tournament bag rather than my regular 3 ball roller...I will be taking 2 balls down with me and returning with 3. Does anyone know how well the 3 ball tournament bag travels with only 2 balls in it? Thanks!

KYDave
04-12-2017, 07:25 PM
I will be going to Kegel this summer too and was wondering about how to transport my balls. Great suggestions about a tournament bag rather than my regular 3 ball roller...I will be taking 2 balls down with me and returning with 3. Does anyone know how well the 3 ball tournament bag travels with only 2 balls in it? Thanks!

It will be 15lb lighter? lol sorry.

You can pick up a cheap size 4 soccer ball and put it in the center and have the balls on the outside. It will prevent them from banging around from having empty space or shifting. It is just a touch smaller than the diameter of a bowling ball and could stuff some towels in there for good measure around it if you wanted as well.

Around here you can get them at walmart for around $4. I'm sure you could find some kid down there that would like a free soccer ball too!

Andrea
04-14-2017, 08:29 AM
It will be 15lb lighter? lol sorry.

You can pick up a cheap size 4 soccer ball and put it in the center and have the balls on the outside. It will prevent them from banging around from having empty space or shifting. It is just a touch smaller than the diameter of a bowling ball and could stuff some towels in there for good measure around it if you wanted as well.

Around here you can get them at walmart for around $4. I'm sure you could find some kid down there that would like a free soccer ball too!

Thank you so much for the great idea! I would not have thought about that! I'm also looking into shipping out the 2 balls and just taking the 3 back with me on the plane. Unfortunately, I am flying Jet Blue and they have check bag fees for everything except carry on! Has anyone used Bowling Ball Exchange for shipping or just use Fedex or UPS? Thanks again for all the ideas!