PDA

View Full Version : Signed up for a couple of new leagues

foreverincamo
04-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Our fall/winter team is switching houses next year. Our present house is having so many issues with their pin setters, it's killing the league. They are very old and getting parts is next to impossible. They don't do any maintenance. They only fix what breaks. It's sad.
So I went to a place 10 miles south of me and talked to the lane maintenance man, Jim. Nice guy. They take very good care of everything, and they host a PBA50 stop every fall. I signed our team up for the fall/winter league that has 22 teams, 8 more than our present league. I also signed up for a PBA Experience singles league over the summer. Should be fun.

RobLV1
04-15-2017, 07:11 PM
When centers are blatantly uncaring, it's time to go somewhere else, plain and simple. With that said, try to put yourself in the center manager's position; sometimes being caught between the owner and the customer is an impossible situation. Heads up to the Rock City Trios (Chuck R).

KYDave
04-15-2017, 11:39 PM
I've been to several of those kind of places and I don't go back. Very frustrating to say the least and have had a couple balls damaged in the process. Luckily they fixed them all for me. I understand things happen, but when it is all the time that is just not caring at all.

There is a center I've wanted to bowl that is 1.5hrs from here. They are shutting down for good in June. Kinda on the fence if I wanna go or not for that reason. When people know they are closing they often don't put time or money into anything and usually just let it fall apart.

got_a_300
04-16-2017, 12:35 PM
KYDave is the center that is closing is it in Ky. or TN.
or in Ind.?

foreverincamo
04-16-2017, 03:52 PM
The owner is the wife of the guy who really took care of the place. He died from cancer. His wife is a full-time RN and shares the place with her daughter.
We've had two other centers close this year, and their leagues are trying to find homes. That's how this new league exploded. Full house now.

KYDave
04-16-2017, 05:52 PM
KYDave is the center that is closing is it in Ky. or TN.
or in Ind.?

Eastland Lanes in Lexington KY. Lot of tournaments held there including the long running Bradley open.

Eastern Lanes in Clarksville IN closed about a month ago, but it was a small center. Still always a little sad to see one close no matter the size. Hoosier SNS in New Albany IN closed at it's old location and is moving into their new place which is a fun center with laser tag, bumper cars, etc. in Clarksville IN.