Pearl Reactive
5500 LSP
Dual Density Symmetric Core

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 3/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed leaving hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Octane Carbon has easy length and a strong flip. The Carbon takes the Octane line to a new level of performance. The Octane Carbon fits between the Freestyle and the Forza GT in total hook. The new Agitator Pearl shell and Dual Density core get the Carbon through the front part of the lane easily, saving a strong, predictable backend move for the finish. The sharper entry angle allows for deeper lines with good carry. The ball has great shelf appeal and looks great rolling down the lane. I let a few High Rev bowlers try my Octane Carbon and the reaction was very good. These bowlers got easy length with a crushing hit. I think high rev bowlers or slower speeds with will be a good fit for the Octane Carbon. I tested the Carbon on a pretty fresh flatter pattern for the video, but it was more at home on a THS or as the lanes start to break down. The Carry of the Carbon was good on any shot most likely due to the sharper angles this ball creates, I did sand a Carbon down to 2000 for a high speed bowler and it worked very well. The Carbon with this surface reminded me of the Red Rage reaction.
Motiv has really been enhancing performance, and the balls seem to go through the pins better and better. My carry is better and I don’t see those pesky 10 pins as often. As I travel around tournaments I see the following Motiv has built and it is gaining momentum.

Summary:
The Octane Carbon has easy length with a sharp backend motion.
This is a beautiful looking ball.
The higher entry angle creates great pin carry.
If you want an angular predictable ball, this is it!

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Ultimate Staff
Video Link - https://youtu.be/fgzzr_pekhM

gwendel@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com