PDA

View Full Version : Broken bowling bag zippers

Blomer
04-22-2017, 06:45 PM
My bowling bag zippers are broken. Three of them. The tag thing that you pull broke off and can't attach anything g to it to pull. One of them the zipper came off track. Any clue the cost to get this fixed? Bag is under warranty, shipping though is a good cost to send it to them. Strike force is about 40 mi utes from me. Just don't have the time to take it in now. Thinking of taking it to a cleaner to install, but how much will thy charge? I bought those zippers from tv that are "easy to install," but aren't!

bowl1820
04-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Those are just minor fixes (unless you have more too it than that), putting a new tag on and putting a zipper back on track is simple.

examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrSFIWG-mqU

If the bag is under warranty, You need to contact KRStrikeForce first and see what they can do for you.

I seem to remember a posts about a damaged bags before where the company (I thinkit was KRstrikeforce) just sent them a new bag and all they had to do was send them the logos/labels off the old bag.

I'll look and see if I can find the post about it.

If not check with a shoe repair shop I've seen it mention it before that they can fix it, have the heavy duty sewing machines and replace the whole zipper if needed.

From a post last year

Just to update, in case anyone else has a similar problem. The shoe repair place was a good place to try. He said he would repair it for $8, which was probably cheaper than shipping it back to the place I bought it. And for $15 he reinforced the other 3 strap ends (I have two bags) and also repaired the side strap on one that had ripped when I had pulled it out of the car by one strap.

And he guarantees it if it breaks again, so I can't go wrong.

fokai73
04-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Storm zipper tabs are waaay better than the KR dinky zipper tabs. I have the latest 3 and 4 ball roller KR bags I got for gifts (2 bags), and I bought pull tabs on amazon 12 pieces for $7. you can use these pull tabs to replace the broken ones. I used one to replace my accessory bag zipper tab.