PDA

View Full Version : Colorado State Open 2017

lwest04
05-13-2017, 01:32 AM
Sweetheart Lanes in Loveland for Team. The shot played really well, but the house was really crowded and they didn't have french fries in the snack bar. I was throwing a Code Black and scored really close to my average. I went in with a 204 and shot 608 so I felt pretty good about that.
Doubles and Singles at Highland Park in Greeley. That house played a little slicker. Stubborn me tried to make the Code Black work, but it wasn't happening. I knew I needed something to pick up in the midlanes earlier, but I kept fighting it until the third game of doubles. Switched to my Crux Pearl and moved right two boards and started scoring. Wasted my Doubles with a 480. Singles was good for me with the Crux Pearl and shot 624. Either the shot was a little longer, or there was a little more oil out for the six game set. My gut feeling is that the shot was a little longer. I was told that they put out the Bourbon Street Pattern. I saw a lot of different angles to the pocket, so very playable. I was told that the pattern put down was Bourbon Street. I've never heard of that pattern and I haven't looked it up.
Have fun, and high scores!

ALazySavage
05-15-2017, 10:19 AM
Hello lwest04, just moved to Lakewood from Phoenix, AZ. How was the turnout for the tournament? Curious to hear how the bowling community is out here.

lwest04
05-15-2017, 03:32 PM
Hey Savage, welcome to Co. Actually a pretty big community here. We get a PBA Regional here once or twice a year. I'm always disappointed with the tournament turnout. We have so many bowlers, but as soon as you say tournament to them, their answer is "I'm not good enough." Then I try to explain that almost all of the tournaments are handicapped, I still can't convince them. I've managed to drag a couple people in. Some stay with my club, some only bowl one tournament and then never do it again. If you get the chance, check out Holiday Lanes in Lakewood. Independent house and run by really good people. Bowled a Tuesday Night Men's League in there for about 8 years.

ALazySavage
05-15-2017, 06:18 PM
I actually just joined the Tuesday PBA league up there, seems like a great place.