PDA

View Full Version : Done bowling for the summer.....dang it!

foreverincamo
05-31-2017, 04:37 PM
Just found out two weeks into the summer season that I need triple bypass surgery. So, my PBA Experience League ends after two weeks. I hope to be healed by winter league start.

Tony
05-31-2017, 06:18 PM
Just found out two weeks into the summer season that I need triple bypass surgery. So, my PBA Experience League ends after two weeks. I hope to be healed by winter league start.

Good Luck with the surgery, guess that's not one you should postpone for bowling !

Stormed1
05-31-2017, 09:47 PM
Good luck with he surgery! I will tell you I was back bowling 11 weeks after my triple bypass with the dr's blessing

foreverincamo
05-31-2017, 10:25 PM
11 weeks is the entire summer. Bummer. But it would let me start League on time.

Amyers
06-01-2017, 09:22 AM
Wow. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.

fordman1
06-01-2017, 09:50 AM
I had a double bypass in Dec.1998. Missed six weeks of bowling but 2 were Christmas and new year. I would suspect they have gotten much better at the surgery now. The main thing is to listen to the DR.'s and do what they say. Remember they just give you a little sedative and all your worries are over until you wake up. It isn't painful but takes a while to get back to your old self. Fear is the thing that will slow you down.
GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UP ON YOUR PROGRESS.

SAbowler
06-01-2017, 10:07 AM
Good luck with the surgery! Here's to a speedy recovery afterwards!

Stormed1
06-01-2017, 08:08 PM
I could have started back at 8 weeks but I waited a little longer to be safe. You will not be allowed to pick up over 10 pounds for 8 weeks while your sternum mends

Stormed1
06-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Also keep in mind the dr will probably oder 8-12 weeks of cardiac rehab at some point after the surgery

foreverincamo
06-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Thanks guys. I'll keep everyone informed. I'm sure the summer will be plenty of rehab.

mc_runner
06-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Yikes... best of luck with the surgery and recovery.

foreverincamo
06-04-2017, 06:02 PM
Yeah, 12 weeks of rehab to look forward to. Half of it is classroom stuff. Hope I do well enough to get back for winter league.

foreverincamo
06-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Just an update: after a 15 day stay in the hospital, I am finally home after my triple bypass open-heart surgery. My body looks like I fought in a war. Bruises, cuts, stitches etc from head to toe. Now it's onto rehab after a few weeks of just letting my body do it's thing and start mending.

JasonNJ
06-15-2017, 02:17 AM
Just an update: after a 15 day stay in the hospital, I am finally home after my triple bypass open-heart surgery. My body looks like I fought in a war. Bruises, cuts, stitches etc from head to toe. Now it's onto rehab after a few weeks of just letting my body do it's thing and start mending.

Good to hear you're home. Take it easy and heal up. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Blacksox1
06-15-2017, 03:48 PM

Take it slow, best regards

djp1080
06-15-2017, 09:26 PM
Good for you! Do what the doc says and you'll come out just fine!

foreverincamo
06-22-2017, 01:11 AM
I have an update: I lasted an entire 3 days at home when I started having heart attack symptoms even worse than before. I went to the ER and was admitted immediately. They treated me for pneumonia for two days, but the symptoms and excruciating pain kept getting worse.
They finally took me to the cath lab where I had my second heart cath this month. They checked all the grafts they did on the 6th of June, and they were fine. Then they ended up putting stents in two minor arteries that were 100% blocked but too narrow to bypass. After those stents were placed, I felt immediate relief.
After 20 days in the hospital, I am home again. Hopefully to stay this time!

Amyers
06-22-2017, 11:23 AM
I have an update: I lasted an entire 3 days at home when I started having heart attack symptoms even worse than before. I went to the ER and was admitted immediately. They treated me for pneumonia for two days, but the symptoms and excruciating pain kept getting worse.
They finally took me to the cath lab where I had my second heart cath this month. They checked all the grafts they did on the 6th of June, and they were fine. Then they ended up putting stents in two minor arteries that were 100% blocked but too narrow to bypass. After those stents were placed, I felt immediate relief.
After 20 days in the hospital, I am home again. Hopefully to stay this time!
Dang man get better soon

foreverincamo
06-23-2017, 08:48 PM
I had my first day where I could sleep in three weeks. I slept around 15 hours. I needed it too. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but at least I'm alive to do so.

foreverincamo
06-27-2017, 10:44 PM
I went down to visit friends in the summer league I had to quit due to my open heart surgery. They were all glad to see me. It was nice to be missed. They were bowling on the PBA Wolf oil pattern. Highest series was by a college player-645-by a girl ! Which is awesome by the way. Anyway, I truly miss the game. I'm not cleared to play until September.

Stormed1
06-28-2017, 01:28 AM
Just hang in there. It will get better

Tony
06-28-2017, 08:03 AM
I had my first day where I could sleep in three weeks. I slept around 15 hours. I needed it too. It's going to be a long road to recovery, but at least I'm alive to do so.

Glad to hear things are improving a bit, sounds like after a really tough time that you're headed in the right direction !

foreverincamo
06-30-2017, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I'm sleeping a bit better. Days aren't filled with so much pain. I'm allowed to drive but I have a daughter with her temps so I get chauffeured all I want. And I went and bought a new guitar as a get well gift to myself.