PDA

View Full Version : Balance hole

santos314
08-20-2017, 05:20 PM
I have a balance hole in my used Black Widow Legend. Why is a balance hole drilled? How much of a difference does it really make?

bowl1820
08-20-2017, 06:03 PM
I have a balance hole in my used Black Widow Legend. Why is a balance hole drilled? How much of a difference does it really make?

A balance hole is drilled, Either to meet static weight rules and/or if they were looking to adjust/fine tune the ball reaction.

Something to note is, since your PAP is most likely different than the original owners (and assuming you only had the grip adjusted to fit you). The hole would do something different for you, either slightly or more pronounced than it did for the first owner.

Bowling Ball Balance Hole Fundamentals: The basics, some examples, and recommended best practices
https://www.bowlingthismonth.com/bowling-tips/bowling-ball-balance-hole-fundamentals/

santos314
08-20-2017, 07:31 PM
Something to note is, since your PAP is most likely different than the original owners (and assuming you only had the grip adjusted to fit you). The hole would do something different for you, either slightly or more pronounced than it did for the first owner.[/url]

Wow...thanks, I did not know or think about that when I had it drilled....