PDA

View Full Version : Above180 Podcast: Mo Pinel On What The Possible USBC Rule Changes Mean To You

bowl1820
12-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Mo Pinel On What The Possible USBC Rule Changes Mean To You

Podcast (Direct link to mp3)
http://above180.com/podcast/121617MO.mp3

Webpage:
http://above180.com/2017/12/mo-pinel-on-possible-usbc-changes/

1VegasBowler
12-18-2017, 11:31 PM
Mo is right on all counts here.

The biggest problem is, checking the lane conditions for every league.

Who is going to do it?

Bowling center employees are going to do what the boss wants, and the boss will certainly dictate what is done and how it's done.

The local USBC doesn't have the personnel to do this either. They do the inspections once/year, and in our case it takes us almost 3 months to inspect the houses we have under our jurisdiction.

I'm not even going to get into the equipment specifications because that's going to be a HUGE hornets nest to be poking at.

RobLV1
12-19-2017, 07:27 AM
Perhaps the most significant thing that Mo said had nothing to do with lane conditions or bowling balls. Until the USBC requires a one-handed delivery with a minimum of two fingers AND a thumb in the ball, everything else is moot. With rev rates in excess of 450 so easy to attain, it really doesn't matter what you are bowling on or what kind of ball you are using... you are going to continue to see monster scores and league bowlers walking away.

mishatx
12-19-2017, 05:12 PM
I understood what he said to mean that IF the USBC institutes these rules, then 2-handers and high rev players would dominate at a level that others wouldn't be able to match, not that the current state means any changes are moot unless revs are controlled.

RobLV1
12-20-2017, 04:04 AM
I understood what he said to mean that IF the USBC institutes these rules, then 2-handers and high rev players would dominate at a level that others wouldn't be able to match, not that the current state means any changes are moot unless revs are controlled.

Yes, that's what he said. I'm saying that that any changes are moot unless revs are controlled.