PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Bowling?!?!

JasonNJ
02-15-2018, 02:28 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygFC824guA

vdubtx
02-15-2018, 03:04 PM
I saw QubicaAMF and immediately turned the video off. LOL

Phonetek
02-15-2018, 08:08 PM
OMG! I think I just threw up in my mouth. Hey kids, don't try to hit pins....Instead throw at the gutters on purpose! Wow, For the first time I suddenly have an appreciation for cosmic bowling.

I have an idea for another Back To The Future movie. Have Marty and Doc find the parents of the guy who invented this game. Go back in time to the night they conceived him. When they find them, give them birth control and spike the mom's drink with the morning after pill.

Mr900
02-15-2018, 11:06 PM
I hate it but understand how it can be appealing and a revenue generator

SAbowler
02-16-2018, 12:26 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this is a stupid game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GygFC824guA

You are definitely not the only one that thinks it's stupid. Although, I can see how it might appeal to the non-bowler. It's just like an arcade game.

got_a_300
02-16-2018, 09:06 PM
QubicaAMF has come up with another way to kill
off league bowling. Wow, what a stupid game that
looks to be it is a completely pathetic attempt to
drive out league bowlers and try to generate more
money from open bowlers or at least that is what
it looks like to me.

JasonNJ
02-17-2018, 12:52 AM
I can see the appeal with a mini bowling game but for a full size lane, the game is just really stupid.

Phonetek
02-17-2018, 01:13 AM
You are definitely not the only one that thinks it's stupid. Although, I can see how it might appeal to the non-bowler. It's just like an arcade game.

If they keep it in an arcade setting that's one thing but you know if it's successful it will migrate into bowling alleys. If they were to put it in bowling centers at least if you wanted to bowl regular you can. It would be obnoxious being surrounded by it though. It would be a sure way to improve on concentration to say the least. Makes me wonder what's next?

boatman37
02-17-2018, 10:45 AM
don't like it. i think if it ends up in bowling centers you end up with a bunch of kids and teens running around being loud and obnoxious. that has its time and place but not when i am trying to bowl a serious game right beside them

mishatx
02-17-2018, 12:44 PM
It's not bowling, and it's not good for your bowling, but it could have a place in a bar or family fun center.

JJKinGA
02-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Its like Top Golf; similar to golfing, but easier to appeal to casual players. No one is going to think that Hyper bowling is bowling - it is clearly a game.

Phonetek
02-19-2018, 03:22 PM
It makes me wonder that if they have these in an arcade setting just how many years they'd have to have it to make their first dollar profit from it. The cost of the lanes, machinery, all the electronic gizmo's and lane oiler just all for a few lanes. Not that they will oil them often. Doesn't seem worth it.

mishatx
02-21-2018, 10:19 AM
Oiler? Plastic balls and a synthetic lane and maybe you get some kid to run a mop over it twice a year.

Phonetek
02-21-2018, 12:16 PM
LMAO Good point, I was thinking like an actual bowler. A can of Furniture polish or bottle of Crisco. Slide a few pieces of leftover sausage & pepperoni pizza down it cheese side down now and then.