PDA

View Full Version : What a Cool night!!

vdubtx
02-28-2018, 01:15 PM
Arrive to league last night and hear over the PA system a guy talking with an accent that is promoting a bowling app called XBowling. Turns out it is none other than Jason Belmonte.

Everyone is crowded around getting pictures and I get my picture with him as well. He is a very nice guy and is accommodating anyone that wanted pictures with him or wanted to simply speak with him.

During the first game of league he is going around to each pair and giving some bowlers an opportunity to win $100 to load on to XBowling app.

He stops by our pair early on in game 1 and my teammate has chance to strike and win each of us $100 for the app. He goes high and leaves a 9 pin. So no luck for us. He moves on to the next pair of lanes.

Well, during that game I am having a really good look on the lanes and I end up shooting my 11th 300 game!! :cool:

Better yet, I was using my Storm Drive. I couldn't resist to track Jason down to get another picture with him with my Storm Drive ball.
If you don't already know, this is a ball that he collaborated with Storm to develop. This is his second ball, the other being the Timeless.

https://i.imgur.com/Tqqv1IXh.jpg

Amyers
02-28-2018, 01:17 PM
Wow nice. I've met belmo a few times myself he's an excellent ambassador for the game.

Outerlimits
02-28-2018, 02:15 PM
Very Cool, congrats on the game, what a great ambassador for the sport of bowling. In a time when young people look to sports figures as role models, they couldn't pick a better one than Belmo.

JaxBowlingGuy
02-28-2018, 02:39 PM
I actually saw this on FB being floated around lol

bdpeters
02-28-2018, 02:55 PM
wow, sounds like a great night, meeting Belmo and throwing a 300. great picture too.

mishatx
02-28-2018, 03:24 PM
I saw on facebook that he was doing that at Plano Super Bowl and thought about calling up my inlaws to go take pictures but I figured they wouldn't appreciate it, lol.

vdubtx
02-28-2018, 03:43 PM
I actually saw this on FB being floated around lol
Really? Where did you see?

SAbowler
02-28-2018, 04:22 PM
That's cool! Congrats on the 300 Vdub! Maybe he'll come down to San Antonio tonight. :)

JaxBowlingGuy
03-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Really? Where did you see?

Actually looks like it was your post in CTD. Thought for some reason I recalled it being a shared post

BowlingBoards.com
03-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Congrats on the 300! What a great memory for you.

bowl1820
03-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Sounds like a great night! Congrats on the 300.

vdubtx
03-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Actually looks like it was your post in CTD. Thought for some reason I recalled it being a shared post

Cool! Didn't know anyone else here was with CTD. Are you national or regional?

mx1alex
03-01-2018, 10:47 AM
That's pretty awesome and congrats on the 300!!!

MRomeroMGCER300
03-01-2018, 12:35 PM
Arrive to league last night and hear over the PA system a guy talking with an accent that is promoting a bowling app called XBowling. Turns out it is none other than Jason Belmonte.

Everyone is crowded around getting pictures and I get my picture with him as well. He is a very nice guy and is accommodating anyone that wanted pictures with him or wanted to simply speak with him.

During the first game of league he is going around to each pair and giving some bowlers an opportunity to win $100 to load on to XBowling app.

He stops by our pair early on in game 1 and my teammate has chance to strike and win each of us $100 for the app. He goes high and leaves a 9 pin. So no luck for us. He moves on to the next pair of lanes.

Well, during that game I am having a really good look on the lanes and I end up shooting my 11th 300 game!! :cool:

Better yet, I was using my Storm Drive. I couldn't resist to track Jason down to get another picture with him with my Storm Drive ball.
If you don't already know, this is a ball that he collaborated with Storm to develop. This is his second ball, the other being the Timeless.

https://i.imgur.com/Tqqv1IXh.jpg

Congrats on your 300 and meeting a great person! I have heard so many great things about Belmo and I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting him. Although it is your 11th, every honor score is a great accomplishment in the game! Congrats again and may you have continued success on the lanes!

Mike

bubba809
03-01-2018, 02:45 PM
That IS an incredibly awesome night Vdub! Congrats on (another) 300!!

Question is, was Belmo watching you throw in the 10th???

vdubtx
03-01-2018, 02:52 PM
That IS an incredibly awesome night Vdub! Congrats on (another) 300!!

Question is, was Belmo watching you throw in the 10th???

Belmo was on the other side of the house by the time I was in the 10th. I went and tracked him and his whole crew down to get this picture. LOL!
He had a video crew with him, I assume from XBowling going around with him. Had a sound guy, camera guy etc with him.

Blacksox1
03-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Congrats vdub, been out of town for a week, would have responded sooner.