PDA

View Full Version : Blog Writers Wanted

The KingPin
02-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Hello BowlingBoards.com Members

We are proud to announce we are looking for Blog writers who would like to have their own Bowling Blog.

This is a volunteer job, but we will take on the hosting costs and fees. All you do is write about bowling.

With this you can talk bowling, rants and raves and more. I do ask to stay within the bowling rules here, so no cursing and such, yet maybe you want to tell the world some tips or opinions.

Also you will be getting exposure from other sites and publications.

So if your on tour, a college or high school bowler, tell us what you go through. Or maybe you are a league bowler, director, or have a lot to say and want to say it, let me know here.

You can post as you wish, yet even a once a month article would be nice to stay fresh. Name it what you want and have your own piece of BowlingBoards.com

Maybe its not even bowling related, let me know.

Consider this like a newspaper, its just you have your own column in the paper.

Let me know

Chris aka The KingPin

TJSieling
02-15-2009, 12:45 AM
If I can just talk about my own bowling experiences (I go bowling almost every weekend), I'd be glad to write a blog. :)

The Bowling Guru
02-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Chris, I would definately be interested, as we talked about. I dropped you an e-mail by the way, but I would be more than happy to do some writing.

The KingPin
02-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Ok I am working on this, yet the chat room has first priority I think. Doing a blog is like building a whole new site and takes time. But i will keep you posted

onefrombills
02-18-2009, 10:43 PM
daddy we there yet ??????

The KingPin
02-18-2009, 10:49 PM
I think we will try a test of what the chat will be like

The KingPin
02-22-2009, 01:31 PM
Any certain blog features you would like?

kev3inp
02-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure what is required or needed, or what possible features there are, but I've got plenty of opinions and I'm usually not shy about sharing them. I can freely give them, so you can take them for what they're worth. ;) It could be something I could do on random Saturdays since I'll be off and my wife will be working. It might be fun. You know you always have my support, sir.

The KingPin
02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Ok so we are getting a little closer. Just working on layout and such.

We will be taking Authors and Contributors to do writings soon.

kev3inp
02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
I'll be thinking about it. I may have to defer to someone with a lot more experience and knowledge than I possess. Apparently a lot of what knowledge I've managed to acquire is wrong. After all, I'm just an old dude that originally bowled with rubber and I can't crank, so there's really no place for me in today's game. At least that's the way I'm feeling today.

The Bowling Guru
02-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Give me a shout when the blog section is complete. I'd be more than willing to do some writing and show off my blog.

The KingPin
02-24-2009, 12:09 AM
sounds great I will keep you posted

Graaille
04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
This is a good idea. Another site that I was associated with once upon a time did something similar and called it a 'Daily Disturbance', where it wasn't necessarily a blog 'per se', but thoughts/ramblings/provocations/etc....about what was on the mind of 10 select people. 75% of the time it was on the topic of the site (pc related) but the other 25% was anything goes. It was great fun reading and discussing the various topics.

This post brought to you by the letter B. Boffo blogs about big, beautiful, bountiful, bowling ball blarney.

JaxBowlingGuy
04-22-2009, 12:22 PM
I could be intereted. I bowl every night but mon and tues and atleast 1 state wide trny a month.

Jord_84
05-01-2009, 05:16 PM
If I were more involved in the goings-on at the center my parents own...I'd offer to write about it.

That could be a funny blog subject. The daily goings-on in a bowling alley, a view the customers usually don't get, complete with mishaps and all.

I could write about some of the things we've encountered....but I'd run out of material after about 3 or 4 entries lol
like a couple of months ago....I believe some drunk guy knocked a urinal off the wall in the men's room and flooded it
or how we spent $300,000 converting our 24 lane center from wood to synthetic, maybe customers would have a better appreciation for the equipment with that P.O.V

tbrownie
05-28-2009, 08:46 AM
ill do one gladly. :)

JAnderson
05-28-2009, 01:25 PM
KingPin - sent you a message directly with more information.

Blogs are good when they reach an audience that appreciates them. I think the vast (VAST) majority of blogs go unread because, really, readers aren't as interested in the blogger as much as the blogger is interested in him/herself.

At least here, we visitors share a common interest: bowling. I'd read the blog of a brand-new bowler's weekly league experiences if it was well written with some thought given to how the audience will benefit from the author's insights and much thought given to a fresh topic emphasis each week. Without that, I think it becomes a candidate for wasting space.

Take it from someone who loves all things bowling and has tried authoring a bowling blog: it takes a clear goal and a firm commitment to produce a quality product. One should not offer lightly.