PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break at the Bowling center is nuts!

Phonetek
03-27-2018, 09:17 PM
The last two days I've been flying around that place like a mosquito in a nudist colony. I don't think a single lane has been off for more than 5 minutes from 9am to midnight yesterday and we had a line at the door at 8:30 this morning and slammed until I got off at 6:30 tonight. Yesterday it was 2 games w/shoes $5 per person and today $2 a game and $2 shoes. Plus $1 domestic draft and $2 draft IPA's. Freakin crazy in that place. Tomorrow is $7 unlimited bowling w/shoes but I'm off. All I know is I'm staying out of there on my day off for a change.

I enjoy it when it's busy like that but the only bad part is due to the demographic you run your butt off and end a shift with like $12 in tips which bites. Good thing is my knee is feeling better. I'm not hobbling around like I was. Then again, not much time to think about it. It's not swollen much anymore either, the ice and heat has worked well. I may be back in business in another week or so. Going to FINALLY pick up my Rip'd from the PSO tomorrow. It's gonna kill me just looking at it not being able to test it out.

bdpeters
03-28-2018, 09:16 AM
yep, spring break for the kids here starts next week. mine are off all of next week. most of the centers are running specials and I have been getting emails from them advertising every day. I will more than likely be avoiding the lanes next week unless i can squeeze a couple of games in between the end of the daily specials and the leagues.

Dice
03-28-2018, 11:03 AM
Our local spring break was last week and they ran a 9 to 11 PM all you can bowl. It was the comic bowling stuff. They got pretty crowded which is good for business.

bdpeters
03-28-2018, 11:07 AM
Our local spring break was last week and they ran a 9 to 11 PM all you can bowl. It was the comic bowling stuff. They got pretty crowded which is good for business.

yep good for business and maybe some of these kids bowling will end up with a life long passion for the sport.

Phonetek
03-28-2018, 05:56 PM

Just call your center ahead of time, they should be able to tell you if they can squeeze you in. We don't do reservations over the phone but they can be done online plus see what the specials are. If yours is anything like mine it should all be online, it seems most of them are doing that now. I still tell people to call though because online reservations just pop up on the time slots but we don't get notifications of it. I can always tell people what's available.

Dice
04-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Just call your center ahead of time, they should be able to tell you if they can squeeze you in. We don't do reservations over the phone but they can be done online plus see what the specials are. If yours is anything like mine it should all be online, it seems most of them are doing that now. I still tell people to call though because online reservations just pop up on the time slots but we don't get notifications of it. I can always tell people what's available.

We have a reservation for one of the 4 open lanes on Wednesday night league night that rolls over every week now. We also hit them up on Friday night and we usually beat the crowd. Sundays we got in the afternoon for another standing special they have and are usually some of the first people there. It's been really cool most of the time but we've had a few times now where people don't have any clue as to etiquette or staying anywhere but right next to the ball return. 5 people on a lane and they're all standing up next to the ball return the entire time :confused:

Phonetek
04-03-2018, 12:38 AM
We have a reservation for one of the 4 open lanes on Wednesday night league night that rolls over every week now. We also hit them up on Friday night and we usually beat the crowd. Sundays we got in the afternoon for another standing special they have and are usually some of the first people there. It's been really cool most of the time but we've had a few times now where people don't have any clue as to etiquette or staying anywhere but right next to the ball return. 5 people on a lane and they're all standing up next to the ball return the entire time :confused:

No reason to put up with that kind of crap. If you don't want to say anything to the people acting like fools then go to the counter. If it's a respectable place they will mention it to them. Let the employees be the bad guys, we are there to keep things in order so everyone can enjoy their time. Don't be shy about it bud.

Dice
04-03-2018, 03:19 PM
No reason to put up with that kind of crap. If you don't want to say anything to the people acting like fools then go to the counter. If it's a respectable place they will mention it to them. Let the employees be the bad guys, we are there to keep things in order so everyone can enjoy their time. Don't be shy about it bud.

The thing is, that's MOST of the type of people out there open bowling. If I complained about it to the front they'd wonder which of the 20 something lanes that are doing the same thing I was talking about. It's the type of business they get on non league nights and to be fair, people just don't know any better.

Phonetek
04-03-2018, 04:48 PM
The thing is, that's MOST of the type of people out there open bowling. If I complained about it to the front they'd wonder which of the 20 something lanes that are doing the same thing I was talking about. It's the type of business they get on non league nights and to be fair, people just don't know any better.

Agreed, there are quite a few threads on here discussing these very issues and the lack of bowlers etiquette. It's just the way it is now a days. Learning to ignore it and block it out makes you a better bowler if you want to look on the bright side.

bdpeters
04-04-2018, 08:17 AM
after watching some bowling fail videos on the tube I realized that there was a big difference in how I felt about different behaviors. its one thing when its a family out for a good time and probably knows very little about etiquette and some rowdy folks acting stupid. it makes me cringe to see the latter. most of the videos are of children rolling their ball and then taking off down the lane to catch it followed shortly by the parent taking off to catch them. they then slip and fall on top of the kid. we should always be ambassadors for the sport and try and help where we can. either through example or through direct contact with the patron. obviously there are those times when it is practically pointless.

Phonetek
04-04-2018, 08:36 AM
after watching some bowling fail videos on the tube I realized that there was a big difference in how I felt about different behaviors. its one thing when its a family out for a good time and probably knows very little about etiquette and some rowdy folks acting stupid. it makes me cringe to see the latter. most of the videos are of children rolling their ball and then taking off down the lane to catch it followed shortly by the parent taking off to catch them. they then slip and fall on top of the kid. we should always be ambassadors for the sport and try and help where we can. either through example or through direct contact with the patron. obviously there are those times when it is practically pointless.

Yes, some people never learn. Yesterday there was a mom with several kids and they did everything imaginable wrong. I was off the clock and let my co-worker deal with them. She must have went over there 7 times. I told her I would have thrown them out long before then. Apparently she is either less scary than me or has more patience. Even the mechanic yelled at one of the kids treating the ball return like a pommel horse. They should have got the boot. I was bowling two lanes over and I just ignored them. They didn't effect my game a bit. 5 games low to mid 2's. The last game I didn't think I'd do it. I have 5 splits in a row but I covered 3 and ended up striking out from the 8th on ending with a 212. I guess I'm getting better at ignoring morons

bdpeters
04-04-2018, 09:21 AM
this week is our spring break for the kids and many of the local lanes are running specials but I did not see any for the center i usually go to so i am tempted to head over there after work.

bdpeters
04-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Made it to the center after work. When I came in the place was not too crowded. I noticed there were about 3 pairs open at the end and requested the end lane. I did not have the place for long as the place filled in fast. There were lots of kids but luckily had a couple of descent folks next to me. The kids will be back in school next week, I wonder if my boss would consider giving me a day off next week😏

Phonetek
04-04-2018, 07:48 PM
Made it to the center after work. When I came in the place was not too crowded. I noticed there were about 3 pairs open at the end and requested the end lane. I did not have the place for long as the place filled in fast. There were lots of kids but luckily had a couple of descent folks next to me. The kids will be back in school next week, I wonder if my boss would consider giving me a day off next week😏

Just call in sick and make sure you park your car in the back of the bowling alley in case the boss drives by LOL

bdpeters
04-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Ya the boss goes between two facilities and her other place is right across the street from the center