PDA

View Full Version : Brunswick Mini-Camp

J Anderson
04-09-2018, 12:11 PM
I spent yesterday at the Brunswick Mini-Camp held at Nutmeg Bowl in Fairfield CT. It was a lot of fun to meet and be coached by Jason Sterner, Ryan Shafer, Sean Rash, Chuck Gardner, and Parker Bohn III. It was also fun to be coached along side some of the kids that I coach each week.

I was somewhat surprised that they made only three fairly subtle suggestions to me. Two were very slight changes to my set-up position, and one was about shortening my first step.

The other surprise was the changes that they got out of kids who we have been trying to get to change for years. We knew that, at least for bowling, the kids listen to us more than their parents. Obviously pro bowlers rank a lot higher than bronze and silver level coaches.

One last highlight, at the end of our time on the lanes, we were put into four teams of 5 or 6 campers with one pro on each team, and bowled two Baker games. I bowled with Jason Sterner’s team. We had the highest game and the highest pin total for the two games. Only three opens, and all three were big splits.

vdubtx
04-09-2018, 12:42 PM
Nice, would love to do one of these if they did them in Dallas area.

JasonNJ
04-09-2018, 12:52 PM
Sounds like it was a lot of fun. I almost signed up for that camp since I'm only 90 minutes away.

J Anderson
04-11-2018, 11:39 PM
First outing after the mini-camp: 202, 212, 183, 597 series. Missed a ten pin to end the first game. Started the second by leaving the 2-4-8 and let the ball deflect off the 2 leaving the 8. Started the last game with the 4-5-7 and only got the 4&7 pins. Then missed another 10 pin a few frames later.

Given that I was only averaging 183 in this league I’m only mad about missing the two ten pins.

mx1alex
04-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Nice. I need to see if they do a camp like that somewhere near where I'm at in Missouri.

J Anderson
04-19-2018, 12:19 AM
Two more outings since the camp:

Thursday I was a bit off at the end of the first game, came back with a 198 the second and finished with a 233.

Tonight started with a 201, then shot 234, and finished with 200 even.

So in nine games since the mini-camp there are six 200 or more, and only one game under average.