PDA

View Full Version : New England Bowlers Association

J Anderson
04-29-2018, 10:19 PM
I finally joined NEBA today and bowled in the Buddies Pro Shop.com Open.

I had bowled in two previous NEBA tournaments as a guest. The first time out my goal was to not embarrass myself, and I was pleasantly surprised to end up in the middle of the “donor pack” of bowlers who did not make the cut. Last year, I might have bowled a bit better. Still up and down as we switch pairs.

This time I was much better at not getting too excited by rolling a good game. Started slow but put six Xs on the scoreboard to end the first game at 212. Shot 214 the second game. Third game started strong but opened in the seventh or eighth, and didn’t strike out. Wound up with a repectable 193, and the cut was at +28 so I was still in the hunt. I don’t think I ever really figured out the fourth pair but still got a 203. I struggling early in the last game but was working on a double going into the tenth. Threw the first ball too fast and left the 1-2-7, decided to hook at the spare, pulled it and was lucky to hit the seven.missed the squad cut by a lot, the at large cut by twenty, and the senior cut by four.

Well at least I provided a lesson for our youth bowlers on the importance of making spares;)

bowl1820
04-29-2018, 10:29 PM
That was a respectable showing!

mc_runner
04-30-2018, 08:57 AM
Nicely done! Hope to see you at one, when I get the time to work on some sport practice and join up : )

J Anderson
04-30-2018, 05:28 PM
That was a respectable showing!
Thanks! I will be working on shooting spares until the next one in this area.

Nicely done! Hope to see you at one, when I get the time to work on some sport practice and join up : )

Hope to meet you too!

I think NEBA is still running a deal where, if you haven’t bowled one of their tournaments in the last two years, you can enter without paying the $15 non-member surcharge.

Davidjr113
04-30-2018, 08:18 PM
Nice bowling John, I would say more than respectable for a NEBA

JasonNJ
05-01-2018, 02:31 AM
Good bowling. That Brunswick Clinic seems to be paying off. =P

Was the tournament a sports shot or a house shot?

mc_runner
05-01-2018, 11:29 AM
The pattern for that one looked to be:

NEBA 2018
Length: 34’
Volume: 26.64 mL
Ratio: 1.54:1
Category: Sport