PDA

View Full Version : Need a Final Ball for the Arsenal

Sam
02-17-2009, 12:53 AM
So, currently I have a Columbia 300 Scout and a Hammer Black Widow Venom. The Scout still performs great on drier lanes after 3 years of being a work horse, but my go to is the Venom. The only problem I run into is that with my particular technique my rev rates aren't high enough to crank the venom through long oil patterns and into the pocket. Because of how long the ball is, in heavy oil I usually have problems with hitting too low and leaving corner pins. What I need is a smooth arcing ball that hits with considerable force. The ball I'm looking very seriously into right now is the Virtual Gravity, I've also looked into the twisted fury solid, but the VG is the front runner. Any other balls I should consider?

nickcuban
02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
I have a Lane #1 Buzzbomb/r and that thing snaps hard in the backend, esp in heavy conditions.

kakcpa
02-17-2009, 06:37 AM
You might want to try Storm Virtual Gravity.

The Bowling Guru
02-17-2009, 07:45 AM
The Virtual Gravity is a sick ball from what I hear, but I am going to have to include the Cell. It is just so versatile and overall is a fantastic ball.

Sam
02-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah the Virtual Gravity is probably going to be the ball I end up going with. I was going to get a Resurgence, but after watching a couple of'em wear out completely in a few series I'm gonna go with a more durable, and frankly better quality ball. Huzzah storm.

The Bowling Guru
02-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Good decision on passing up the Resurgence. I have a friend who had one, and within 30 games it was completely dead. Sucks up oil like no other.

Jord_84
02-17-2009, 08:46 PM
I bought a virtual gravity this afternoon, and let me tell you, that ball is a monster.
Wouldn't you know I had the misfortune of getting a pair of dry lanes when I threw the first 3 games with it, I need some oil to see what the ball can really do. But so far, I'm impressed with it's ability to come back, no matter how far out I throw.

bowl1820
02-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Before buying another ball look at adjusting the surface of your venom first. Also How are your balls layed out now?
And your style. If you get another ball you want to have the right layout to get the reaction you want.

Sam
02-22-2009, 12:18 AM
I'm a right handed stroker. When the lanes dry out I take the Venom over the 2nd arrow and is usually destroys the pocket from there. Otherwise I approach from the center and hit the third arrow and I can still hit the pocket fantastically there. My problem is just the length of the ball its built to be super long and I don't want to lose that on the medium lanes. I just need a ball for heavy oil so I won't hit low as often (if ever, I've thrown a cell pearl and a gravity shift on soaked lanes and drilled the pocket), and leave that accursed ten pin. I average about 190 on a sport shot so its not like my game's hurting, I just need to take it up to that next level, ya know?

Jord_84
02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
I practiced on heavy oil with my virtual gravity today and shot 202,217,246.
The guy in the pro shop drilled it with a #2 layout for tournament shots, I'm loving that ball, it's awesome.

Sam
02-23-2009, 07:20 PM
So after looking at some finances and a deal at my local pro shop, it looks like I'm gonna pick up both a Twisted Fury Solid and a Storm Virtual Gravity.

Sam
03-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Update: Picked up the Solid today. Widened my span, added weight from what I'm used to with my old equipment, still threw 197,198, and 245. grand total of 640

alltenback
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
So, currently I have a Columbia 300 Scout and a Hammer Black Widow Venom. The Scout still performs great on drier lanes after 3 years of being a work horse, but my go to is the Venom. The only problem I run into is that with my particular technique my rev rates aren't high enough to crank the venom through long oil patterns and into the pocket. Because of how long the ball is, in heavy oil I usually have problems with hitting too low and leaving corner pins. What I need is a smooth arcing ball that hits with considerable force. The ball I'm looking very seriously into right now is the Virtual Gravity, I've also looked into the twisted fury solid, but the VG is the front runner. Any other balls I should consider?

I would go with the Virtual Gravity or The Sauce.

I have video of the sauce.

I am rolling the ball through the heaviest part of the oil with a light hand and slower speed and it reacts great.

It was just the shot that night.

Check out the video linked below

http://alltenback.com/video/sauce

http://alltenback.com/video/hammersauce

Brent
www.alltenback.com

BXTECH
03-20-2009, 03:30 PM
An Uprising ( drives hard off the breaskpoint clean in the fronts) or Tantrum, personal benchmar, (predictable reaction with great length)