PDA

View Full Version : Late Comer to a League - Fees Due

classygranny
07-27-2018, 08:06 PM
If a bowler or team joins a league a few weeks after the start, what is the obligation to pay any fees? Should they pay the prize fund only and participate in 100% of prize fund distribution, be paid a decreased amount of prize fund dependent on how many weeks were paid? The house doesn't charge for lineage on those vacancies, so it wouldn't be fair to pay the entire amount.

What does your leagues do? Secretaries, any assistance in the area would help! Opinions welcome as well.

Thanks!

bowl1820
07-27-2018, 08:24 PM
If a bowler or team joins a league a few weeks after the start, what is the obligation to pay any fees? Should they pay the prize fund only and participate in 100% of prize fund distribution, be paid a decreased amount of prize fund dependent on how many weeks were paid? The house doesn't charge for lineage on those vacancies, so it wouldn't be fair to pay the entire amount.

What does your leagues do? Secretaries, any assistance in the area would help! Opinions welcome as well.

Thanks!

On my winter league, someone who joins the league late just has to make up the prizefund&sec. fee money for however many weeks they missed.

example: pf&sec fee per week is $3.50, so if you missed 4 weeks you'd pay $14.00

fordman1
07-28-2018, 02:46 PM
Here is what the rule book says.

104d/2 What do we do if our league starts the season with an uneven number of teams and a
team is added during the season?

USBC recommends the league board meet and choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Allow the new team to make up the games unopposed and match the scores
with teams that previously bowled what was considered a nonexistent team.

Option 2: The entering team is not allowed to make up games and the position standings
are figured using a percentage basis.

classygranny
07-28-2018, 08:46 PM
Here is what the rule book says.

104d/2 What do we do if our league starts the season with an uneven number of teams and a
team is added during the season?

USBC recommends the league board meet and choose one of the following options:
Option 1: Allow the new team to make up the games unopposed and match the scores
with teams that previously bowled what was considered a nonexistent team.

Option 2: The entering team is not allowed to make up games and the position standings
are figured using a percentage basis.

I saw this, but it doesn't really address the payment portion.

fordman1
07-29-2018, 02:27 PM
I would left the board of directors decide for a new team.

I would have told the teams bowling against the vac. team that if we find a team they would get the option to bowl against their scores.

Otherwise they would use the 10 rule.

For a new bowler they should pay the prize fee or not bowl.

Amyers
07-30-2018, 11:36 AM
Basically it's going to be up to the league officers at the least maybe a league vote if it hasn't happened in the past in that league. Personally I would think paying the proze fund only for the missing weeks should be sufficient but again it's up to the league officers to decide.

LyalC52
07-30-2018, 01:52 PM
IMO, I would think its a tough sale to convince someone to pay back prize and sec fees.
Come payout time discount their share based on the number of weeks they did bowl.
It may be a little more work on the secretary, but you won't be scaring anyone off from join in.