PDA

View Full Version : Team Jerseys

GrumpyCatFace
08-26-2018, 06:29 PM
I知 looking at getting some nice shirts for my trip league team, on our first full season.

What sort of jerseys do you guys use on your league bowling teams, if any? (I知 definitely leaning toward retro polo style)

Is it cheesy to put your names on the back, like the pros do? Team name only?

GrumpyCatFace
08-26-2018, 06:29 PM
*trio league team*

Phonetek
08-26-2018, 09:08 PM
I personally like the polos vs the baggie jersey button up ones, my preference. I guess now a days it makes you look pretentious to put your name on the back like the pro's but IMO who cares? It's a feeling you yourself get when you put it on so if you want your name on the back then put it on there. I've considered getting those whole outfits like you see the pros wear with the pants and all. They look very comfortable and it would be a change from black slacks.

GrumpyCatFace
08-26-2018, 09:36 PM
I should rephrase - by polos, I meant the button-up kind. :). I like those.

Phonetek
08-26-2018, 10:15 PM
I should rephrase - by polos, I meant the button-up kind. :). I like those.

I believe those are considered bowling jerseys. It's all personal preference. I'm used to wearing regular polos given all the careers I've had, it was standard issue. Only problem is I have like two polos left in my wardrobe when I used to have like 30 LOL Clothes shopping hasn't been on my list of things to do in a long time but it needs to be soon. I think I have more pajamas than clothing choices LOL Luckily at work I have dress shirts they gave me and I have several of my own but I hate bowling in them. They always come untucked everytime I throw so they are a hassle. I don't like bowling in long sleeves either, always roll them up.

GrumpyCatFace
08-26-2018, 10:26 PM
Something like this, I think...

http://www.daddyos.com/retro/img/hud3.jpg

Phonetek
08-26-2018, 10:28 PM
Nice looking shirt, unfortunately as skinny as I am it would look like a Heafty Bag on me. LOL

J Anderson
08-26-2018, 10:54 PM
I知 looking at getting some nice shirts for my trip league team, on our first full season.

What sort of jerseys do you guys use on your league bowling teams, if any? (I知 definitely leaning toward retro polo style)

Is it cheesy to put your names on the back, like the pros do? Team name only?

In my area, team jerseys went from common to scarce as hens teeth by the end of the 70s. There seems to be a slight come back, at least among those who bowl in the Underground Bowling Association. Still most of the league bowlers I see are dressed in random casual clothes ranging from tee shirts and shorts, to polo or golf shirts with jeans or slacks, to bowling ball brand jerseys with the name on the back.
By the way, having your name on the back is required for New England Bowlers Association tournaments and PBA regionals. although there is a waiver if you're only bowling one or two.

Phonetek
08-26-2018, 11:03 PM
Yeah but there is having your name on the back and HAVING YOUR NAME ON THE BACK! LOL Other words done tastefully and stylish to huge and gaudy.

Stormed1
08-27-2018, 07:52 AM
On my Friday league all the teams wear matching shirts with their team name or their name on back. It's impressive to see 40 teams do that now days. And most of the teams get new shrts every year

BobbyGunz89
08-27-2018, 08:49 AM
On my Friday league all the teams wear matching shirts with their team name or their name on back. It's impressive to see 40 teams do that now days. And most of the teams get new shrts every year

wow that's impressive. I can't remember the last time i've went to league and seen even 1 team have matching jerseys... mid 2000's maybe

fordman1
08-27-2018, 12:48 PM
Our sponsor is the bowling alley. We get new shirts just about every year. I have just about every color. Last year we had pink for one of our bowlers wife who had breast cancer. She is fine now and I will never wear that pink shirt again.
There is a mixed league at the Thunderbowl in Allen Park Mi. that requires shirts or you don't bowl or have to pay a big fine. They have a huge number of teams 70 or so I think.

oltymer
08-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Our team out west here got bowling shirts for summer league. As we're seniors and short on $$ for this kind of stuff, we found a guy on ebay who sold us shirts for $20 bucks with our team name on the back. Kind of cheesy but hey, when you get as old as us, you can wear anything'
you want, right? We're the "Gut-ter Done!" bunch. We actually came in second place out of 8 teams. So watch out, winter league teams. We're
on a roll. Riiiight! Right! Oltymer

foreverincamo
08-27-2018, 08:05 PM
This will be my first year with team shirts since I was in a Junior Travelling league in the 1980痴. They were around $50, but we decked them out with our names on the back, the team name on the front, and a fake sponsor on the sleeve. Plus we got the fake sponsor on a bowling towel. It痴 kind of an inside joke and it turned out nice.

chip82901
08-28-2018, 03:07 PM
For a couple of years now, I have been using a company called VIS Sportswear. I personally get my name on the back as I bowl a lot of tourneys and it can be a requirement in some. The company is based out of Italy with designers in the states and Canada. They are kinda mesh based, dye-sublimated, very light and comfortable. If you're interested, I can get you to my designer that I use. They are roughly $60 a piece but I still wear mine from 2 years ago.