PDA

View Full Version : The pin of the day

Phonetek
08-26-2018, 08:31 PM
This morning I bowled 5 games. In those games I left the 7 pin I count a whopping 21 times! I would adjust next frame 7 pin. I even tried playing 3 different lines and it seemed no matter what, 7 pins. Beautiful solid pocket hits, light hits, high hits all resulted in 7 pins on this pair. I couldn't understand it. It's not a super common leave for me either. It's like I caught up with all the times I didn't leave them all in one day. I'm a little perplexed to say the least. One the upside, I only missed one which wiggled but not enough to fall. So I guess I got my practice picking them up.

fordman1
08-26-2018, 08:40 PM
Some days you are the dog.

Some days you are the hydrant.

Phonetek
08-26-2018, 08:57 PM
LMAO, gee thanks a lot, now I feel better LOL

GrumpyCatFace
08-27-2018, 05:21 AM
Sounds like your speed was off.

vdubtx
08-27-2018, 12:00 PM
Sounds like a consistent bad rack. Hmm, aren't you a lane mechanic? Think you should check into that. LOL!! :cool:

Phonetek
08-27-2018, 01:58 PM
Sounds like a consistent bad rack. Hmm, aren't you a lane mechanic? Think you should check into that. LOL!! :cool:

LMAO, Well I did go to the eye doctor recently and I do need a stronger prescription. I'd agree if the head mechanic didn't check my work along with the USBC when they came out to certify the lanes. They are new pins, perhaps they are defective? Yeah, yeah that's it, that's the ticket!

Nah, it was all me. Like Fordman said, it was just a hydrant instead of the dog type of day. It was good practice picking up 7 pins, annoying practice but likely beneficial in the end. I'm quite happy I only missed one. Maybe not at the time but hindsight not too shabby. I still threw plenty of strikes. Something to be said about no-taps though.