PDA

View Full Version : Phonetek Jr's Scores

Phonetek
09-08-2018, 11:40 PM
My son had his first day of league today. Unfortunately I wasn't there to see it because it is a different center than the one I work at and I was at mine opening this morning. I didn't even get to see him after because he is at his grandparents tonight and they picked him up at the bowling center.
I did talk to him and he did quite well. His first game he was nervous and he ended up with a 135. His second game he got comfortable and shot a nice 197! Third game he said he had some splits and opens and ended with a 152. Still, that's a 161.33 average! He said he likes his team and had a blast.

I'm very happy for him and proud that he did exceptionally well for his first time out. I'll throw in the fact he hasn't bowled on synthetic lanes since Feb when he was just learning before he even had his own ball drilled. I'm pretty sure he did better than I did on the Monday sport league.

GrumpyCatFace
09-09-2018, 09:48 AM
Holy cow, nice bowling!

Stormed1
09-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Congrats. You could have a future star on your hands.

Phonetek
09-09-2018, 01:19 PM
That's what I'm hoping, so maybe I won't have to pay for his college. That's a tad premature though. The most important thing is he was really proud of himself and he enjoyed it. I mean it's one thing to shoot well against me in practice, it completely different doing it on league. Not bad for his first time ever. He's come a long way from throwing low 2 digit games under 50 just a mere 9 months ago. Especially using his a single plastic 12lb ball. It's soon time to pop for a little heavier mild reactive ball and a spare ball for him.

He forgot to tell me last night that another kid who is 17 shot a 300. Good to know there obviously isn't any sandbagging going on in the kids league. Maybe we should all join kids leagues?

One cool thing about that center is that the kids get a free 30 minutes of practice prior to league practice with coaching and a free 30 minutes after. Where I work doesn't do that and neither did where I grew up! I'm jealous! I was also told that they extend the 30 minute free courtesy on my Monday night sport league too. I guess I was too annoyed and in too big of a hurry to get the heck out of there to find that out. That's a nice little perk if you ask me. I think I need to have a chat with my GM and tell him to get with the program! LOL

boatman37
09-09-2018, 10:37 PM
So are you saying your son bettered your first night scores? lol. That's great though.

Phonetek
09-10-2018, 12:26 AM
So are you saying your son bettered your first night scores? lol. That's great though.

Yeah ironically overall he did. I told you guys I sucked last week. LOL I hope he keeps doing it to be honest, he's new blood with a future that's wide open. Hopefully he makes something of it and does better than I did with it. He's got as much chance as anyone his age.

vdubtx
09-10-2018, 11:53 AM
LOL!! Nice shooting to Phonetek Jr. :cool:

Where is Phontek Sr. score posts?? :p

Phonetek
09-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Wow, I felt really old for a minute when I read Sr. after my name. I previously mentioned after I bowled that I didn't get to see my final scores after each game because they switched to the new game so quickly. They were such poor scores I didn't even ask. LOL I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I know, there are a couple that are curious. If I can go tonight I'll ask. As much as I loath to look, I'll get them.