PDA

View Full Version : Bowling ball help.

Blizzard
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
ok ive had my bowling ball for a while now and it doesnt really do what i want it to do. im currently using a Hammer rawd hoag its a good ball i like it but the way iwant to bowl it just doesnt do what i want it to do.

i made a diagram it probly will look confusing but its the best i can do the thin teal and red line is what my ball does red on heavy lanes and teal on dry lanes. the thick green line is what id like my ball to do. im getting a new bowling ball anyways from my parents so im wondering what i should get.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/thorshima99/howidliekit.jpg
*lane was on google i didnt make it*

so ya just post questions/ post suggestion on balls im open to everythign thanks.

ArtVandelay
02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
well... There are so many different factors involved with how a ball reacts... My buddy on my bowling team is currently having this same problem. He has such a smooth arcing curve, but he wants long carry and a rather violent back end reaction. I, personally, don't think he can get that without completely changing his bowling style.

For what it's worth, he's leaning towards the Black Widow Venom (click here if you want to read what bowling.com has to say about it (http://www.bowling.com/products/hammer-black-widow-venom.htm)).

It's kind of like if I were to ask you what type of motorcycle to buy (assuming you know nothing about me.). You would have to ask me about 50 questions. Then we might be able to narrow it down to a couple bikes, based on what I like, how I ride, and what I want a bike to do. But the problem with bowling balls is there's really no way to test ride them, you just have to do some research, and have a little faith in your selection.

The Bowling Guru
02-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I would be more than willing to help if you provided some of your stats (ex. speed, rev rate, ideal ball reaciton), so I could match a ball to your style. However, even without knowing anything about how you bowl, I am going to recommend the Roto Grip Cell, as it is very versatile and accomodating of various bowling styles.

Blizzard
02-20-2009, 09:24 PM
bowling guru umm i know nothing about that i know i bowl with a cranker style. no idea the revs speed etc. and i will look into those bowling balls sence i bowled a 200+ game my parents are getting me a new bowling ball :D if youd like to talk on aim mines: Thorshima99

The KingPin
02-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I think maybe trying to figure out your lanes may help too. If you play at a house that uses a lot of oil, this might help in deciding on a ball too

The Bowling Guru
02-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Being that you are a cranker, as am I, you may want to look into a ball that is going to give you length and backend, and drill it with the pin above your fingers. You want the ball to get down the lane, and then makes its move on the backend, since an early rolling ball might take off on you. Look into any ball from the Black Widow Series, Cell, Complete NV, something along those lines. Many balls that Hammer makes go long and make a nice move on the backend.

11 in a row
02-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Being that you are a cranker, as am I, you may want to look into a ball that is going to give you length and backend, and drill it with the pin above your fingers. You want the ball to get down the lane, and then makes its move on the backend, since an early rolling ball might take off on you. Look into any ball from the Black Widow Series, Cell, Complete NV, something along those lines. Many balls that Hammer makes go long and make a nice move on the backend.

so whats your take on the rising se with the above the finger drilling.....are you familar with track and if so whats your input on this ball..from what i,ve heard it,s a solid peice...i had alot of ball speed not too sure on my rev rate thought i,m a lefty not a cranker .....stroker....

bowl1820
02-21-2009, 11:05 AM
ok ive had my bowling ball for a while now and it doesnt really do what i want it to do. im currently using a Hammer rawd hoag its a good ball i like it but the way iwant to bowl it just doesnt do what i want it to do.

i made a diagram it probly will look confusing but its the best i can do the thin teal and red line is what my ball does red on heavy lanes and teal on dry lanes. the thick green line is what id like my ball to do. im getting a new bowling ball anyways from my parents so im wondering what i should get.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t131/thorshima99/howidliekit.jpg
*lane was on google i didnt make it*

so ya just post questions/ post suggestion on balls im open to everythign thanks.

I assume your using a Hammer "Road Hawg"

How is it layed out? (Where is the pin, cg located in relation to your grip) a picture would be nice.
or make a chart like this in a post-

---------------pin
--------O-O
-------------cg
---------O

Why are you wanting to play that deep a line?
Also what are your reasons for playing the lines you show in your diagram?

Example the teal line you play for dry. to me that would be placing you in a even dryer area.

The best thing to do is to let the pro at the proshop watch you bowl some , tell him what your wanting the ball to do and see what he recommends. He's in a better position to help than anyone on line.

Blizzard
02-21-2009, 03:04 PM
i will get a pic of my current bowling ball and how its layed out.
why id like to play that way? the way i bowl isnt exact to that diagram its close ball fulxs back and forth and i like the more backend when i try it the other way i end up getting my ball to hook way over the head pin.
if youd like i can get a pic of how i hold my bowling ball?

Blizzard
02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
This is why i think i need a new bowling ball with my hammer road hawg i threw it where i thought it and it didnt hook i could se the oil rings on my ball. the whole right side was oily very bad and the left side was DRY. and i didnt bowl that grate so if u got suggest for heavy oiled lanes let me know

jmainville
02-25-2009, 11:04 AM
In my experience. I am a cracker trying become more of a stroker. When I play as deep as your diagram show you want to with even my most reactive ball I got to much over/under.I would also leave alot of ringing 10 pins. but when I moved back outside it would open the lane a little more and put me in the 1-3 a little more flush. I still crank the ball pretty good. I used my buddies BW bite last week drilled pin above and I was standing 35 throwing 18 to 4 and it came screaming back and put 10 in the pit. I ended up shooting 245,261,238. I'm getting one punched out tommorrow for myself.

Sam
02-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Howdy, I've got a venom, and if you are indeed a cranker it'll do exactly what you want to do. For a higher hitting power and a more violent reaction, pick up a cell pearl for about 20 more bucks. I've thrown one a couple times and just drilled the pin deck with it. My buddy that owns it throws exactly the track you're looking at and he's never had a weak strike out of the ball. The road hawg is never gonna do what you're trying for, its just not built for that. What you want is a pearlized ball. Look into a cell pearl, twisted fury, black widow venom, or even something like a virtual gravity from storm. The pearl balls are gonna give you that late snap you want. But in short, I'd really recommend either a venom or a cell pearl.

Look on bowlingball.com, look at the RG differential on the ball, the closer it is to 2.8, the more angular and violent the snap. Happy hunting.

Blizzard
02-28-2009, 11:58 AM
thanks for ur help im deciding between the cell perrl and the black widow vemon, and i know the road hawg wont do i want it to ive tried many times even iincresing spin it didnt do it so ya thanks for all your help.

bowl1820
02-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Let us know what you pick and how they lay it out and review.

Sam
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
good show my man, they're both great balls, hope to hear about'em soon.

jaws1945
03-02-2009, 08:23 AM
I think the drilling layout is more important than a particular ball. There are so many balls that are similar in cover stock and weight block that it can be very overwhelming to the average bowler. The competition between manufacturers is very aggressive. A good pro shop owner will offer you a myriad of choices after watching you throw a few, and drill it to specs that fit your game.

11 in a row
03-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I think the drilling layout is more important than a particular ball. There are so many balls that are similar in cover stock and weight block that it can be very overwhelming to the average bowler. The competition between manufacturers is very aggressive. A good pro shop owner will offer you a myriad of choices after watching you throw a few, and drill it to specs that fit your game.

bingo the layout will mean everything thats for sure........

i agree jaws