PDA

View Full Version : bowling cancelled tonight

boatman37
11-06-2018, 08:41 PM
ugh...power outage in the area of the center so leagues cancelled tonight

Florida Bowler
11-06-2018, 11:26 PM
That sucks. I hate when I'm ready to go bowling and forget about the stress, only to have bowling canceled.

bowl1820
11-07-2018, 12:08 AM
ugh...power outage in the area of the center so leagues cancelled tonight

It could be worse, it could have gone out in the middle of bowling and trapped your ball in the ball return it's happened.

boatman37
11-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Yeah. Had a pretty eventful week and was looking forward to going last night. Let's see....found out last week that the company I work for lost the contract I am on, had a death in the family, step-son got his car stuck in the mud and keeps calling me about buying a new truck, son lives in a camper 3 hours away from work and bought a brand new camper (2018) and the waste valves are stuck closed, he had been using my daughters camper and so i had to winterize that one, step father had surgery last week, daughter owns 3 houses (and paying insurance and utilities on all 3). Had an agreement on one so I had to do some work on it to get it ready for inspection then the buyer backed out. And thats about it for this past week. Oh, and I still suck at bowling....lol. But yeah, quite a few higher stress things happened this past week along with just being really busy. Oh well, life happens, just would have been good to get away from that for a few hours last night.

Florida Bowler
11-07-2018, 10:00 AM
Ouch. That's a tough week. I hope this week goes better for you.

GrumpyCatFace
11-07-2018, 10:12 PM
Sounds like the step-daughter needs to put your son and daughter up LOL

GrumpyCatFace
11-07-2018, 10:13 PM
(Best to laugh about things like this)

boatman37
11-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Sounds like the step-daughter needs to put your son and daughter up LOL

Step-daughter? lol. Yeah it was a confusing story. Daughter owns the 3 houses. Son lives in a camper for work but also has his own house he bought a couple months ago but it's up here (he is getting married next year and his fiancee lives in it and he sleeps there Saturday nights). Step-son has the money to buy a new truck but is pretty frugal so is reluctant so keeps calling me asking my advice. As for my part in this I had to go pull the car out of the mud, had to do a few last minute things on daughters house to sell, had to winterize her camper, and try to bounce ideas off my son on getting his camper waste valves open. That was all Saturday and Sunday...lol.

vdubtx
11-13-2018, 10:29 AM
I would be all out of sorts if bowling were cancelled on any one of my nights. I go through withdrawals when our fall seasons end in May.

boatman37
11-13-2018, 12:31 PM
I would be all out of sorts if bowling were cancelled on any one of my nights. I go through withdrawals when our fall seasons end in May.

lol. just hoping they don't cancel tonight now.

J Anderson
11-15-2018, 06:59 PM
My 4:00 p.m. league was cancelled today due to snow. In this area, most leagues go years without having to cancel for snow. Originally this was only supposed to less than an inch, turning to rain by 6 or 7. 2 inches and still snowing right now.