PDA

View Full Version : Urethane vs Plastic

Blomer
02-18-2019, 10:15 PM
My spare ball has seen better days and want to replace it. I’ve also been having trouble when lanes dry out. Been thinking about getting a urethane ball, can this also replace my plastic spare ball?

J Anderson
02-18-2019, 10:53 PM
The Storm Mix is a urethane ball that works fairly well as a spare ball and won’t get chewed or chipped up as fast as polyester. It’s not going to work all that great as a strike ball when the heads get too dried out.

Amyers
02-19-2019, 09:13 AM
It really depends on your game. If you are more speed dominate or don't have an issue changing your release than urethane will probably work well for you. If your more lower speed/ rev dominate and don't like changing your release avoid it at all costs.

JasonNJ
02-19-2019, 04:35 PM
A urethane ball will still hook and urethane's actually tend to read the lane very early so you would have to be pretty good at flattening your hand if you use a urethane.

Unless you get a urethane designed to be a spare ball like Jon suggested, the Storm Mix is a pearl urethane and highly polished. It'll give you about 90-95% the same reaction as a plastic but you'll have the durability of a urethane.

Tired
02-22-2019, 08:40 PM
I recently bought a 15# Mix to use as a spare ball. It replaced a red Roto Grip Own It clear livestock plastic which had so many chips and chunks coming off it I couldn't keep up fixing them. So far I really like the Mix. It's a great choice in my opinion.