PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to a 12#

oltymer
02-21-2019, 08:05 PM
Very senior citizen. Been using a storm match-up, 10#. Believe a little heavier will suit me better now. Hope to maintain a very decent hook. Lanes seem slightly oiled or dry most of the time. Been looking at balls on line but the reviews are written by pro's and a lot of mumbo-jumbo to me as far as drilling, etc. So my question is, can you recommend a ball that works well on this type lane and still allow a great hook to demolish (lol) the pins. Thanks ahead of time.

RobLV1
02-21-2019, 08:21 PM
Still recovering from neck surgery last June, I have only recently started using a reactive ball after depending on plastic for months. I settled on a Brunswick Twist, and I am very happy with the result. Currently averaging 192.

boatman37
02-21-2019, 09:41 PM
I have a Brunswick Rhino Pearl that I bought for a spare ball but I wanted a little more friction so hit it with a 500 grit CTD dry and no polish. The ball has a little hook on dry lanes but still enough surface on for oily conditions. Pretty versatile ball for me

got_a_300
02-22-2019, 12:04 AM
RobLV1 and boatman37 both made good suggestions on both balls
I think either one of them would work for you.

Amyers
02-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Agreed. The Brunswick Twist and 900 Global After Dark are two of the better choices if your looking for a ball that wont hook a ton.