PDA

View Full Version : A-Hole close to getting a 300..

Blomer
02-24-2019, 08:19 PM
Bowling a 300 is a great accomplishment. I always root for people who are so close t9 getting one. However, it’s hard to do when the biggest A-hole so close to getting a 300.

This guy always thinks he should strike and when he doesn’t, has an excuse for why he didn’t, Kicks and slaps the ball return, throws his towel, won’t cheer for others, etc.

Nonetheless, he got one. Lol. Happy for him, but he needs to relax a bit. Anyone know of anyone like this?

vdubtx
02-24-2019, 09:30 PM
Yep, know of plenty of people just like that. Think they are gods gift to bowling and can't believe when they don't knock them all down.

I always laugh at them because when they get so frustrated. I see this alot with the younger crowd it seem though.

boatman37
02-24-2019, 11:18 PM
Kind of the opposite with one team in our league. The owner and PSO are on this team and I know 3 of the 5 have thrown multiple 300's. When one of them runs one to the 12th frame and misses it they raz them pretty good and they all laugh about it. Kind of entertaining and a good example to set to those that do get mad about it.

JerseyJim
03-03-2019, 02:20 PM
One of the resident big-mouths in my league threw a 300 against my team several years ago. He was talking a lot of crap. The fun thing was that all I had to do was pick up a spare in the 10th, and get 3 pins to beat his team that game. We ended up sweeping them that night. I think it threw a damper on his celebration. But I did buy him a beer. :)

Eddy
03-12-2019, 12:11 AM
Yep, know of plenty of people just like that. Think they are gods gift to bowling and can't believe when they don't knock them all down.

I always laugh at them because when they get so frustrated. I see this alot with the younger crowd it seem though.

I saw this tonight in my league, when one guy was leaving a lot of single pins and was always pissed off like it was a personal attack on him. In other words, if he doesn't strike every time, he gets pissed off. I don't know how his teammates put up with him. And no, I won't root for an A-hole. Btw, our anchor tonight got a 300 in the first game. A guy you could actually root for.

mx1alex
03-13-2019, 10:36 AM
People making excuses is definitely unbecoming... but that pales in comparison to a guy actively rooting for me or my team to screw up, or saying we got lucky with a split conversions or Brooklyn strikes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

fordman1
03-13-2019, 02:32 PM
You are correct you should not tell the other team they got a lucky Brooklyn strike. Unless they are thinking they deserved it. If you get a crossover strike don't act like you did something right. It works both ways. Be a good sport what ever team you are on.

six6guy
03-20-2019, 03:33 PM
I agree there are some real jerks out there. I try and root for anybody on a regular handicap league who hits 300 or even whoever gets a great spare... I keep quiet on my scratch sport league as 300 is not that uncommon and spares are seldom missed.

Brad

boatman37
03-20-2019, 07:30 PM
We have a jackpot at our center. It's $2 a night to sign up and the pot is currently about $7700. I heard last time it was hit it was over $12,000. Here is the layout....

Game 1) need a strike in the following frames....3, 6, 9, 12
Game 2) need a strike in the following frames....1, 4, 7, 10
Game 3) need a strike in the following frames....2, 5, 8, 11

Last night a guy we bowled against made it to the 5th frame of the 3rd game. Ended the night with a 760. A couple months ago another guy made it to the 11th frame of the 3rd game. I'm usually out by the 3rd frame of the 1st game....lol. I don't think I have made it out of the 1st game yet. Somebody said our PSO was the last to win it 2 years ago.

Sure I'd love to win but the odds of that happening are slim so I would be happy for whoever won. I don't know the guy that well that got close last night but he seems to be a pretty cool guy so I would have been happy for him. I don't really pay attention to it and a teammate is usually the one to remind me that I'm out...lol

six6guy
03-21-2019, 12:12 PM
We have a jackpot at our center. It's $2 a night to sign up and the pot is currently about $7700. I heard last time it was hit it was over $12,000. Here is the layout....

Game 1) need a strike in the following frames....3, 6, 9, 12
Game 2) need a strike in the following frames....1, 4, 7, 10
Game 3) need a strike in the following frames....2, 5, 8, 11

That is complicated, so yea the pot could really build. My Monday league has a simple version of this that I enjoy, they call it "369" and it's pretty popular

$5 week for all 3 games
Strike in frame 3, 6, and 9 of any one game to maybe win
First winner(s) of the night take pot and game restarts next week
One player hitting 369 pattern in current game takes 100% of pot
Two players hitting 369 pattern in current game, each takes 50% of pot
Three or more hitting 369 pattern and no winners
Late join player pays back entry (restarted last week and joining this week, so pay $10)

It hits every few weeks for about $300 to $500. This league is 24 lanes and 5 person teams

fordman1
03-21-2019, 02:04 PM
We have a state law that caps off jackpots at $1000. The work around is that if no one wins the $1000 they just start a new one and very soon you have two at $1000. I have heard of a few places that had 5-6 going at once.

boatman37
03-26-2019, 11:45 PM
Well got there tonight and put my $2 in and went to write my name down and saw the pot was only about $120???? Asked the guy at the counter who hit (knowing this same worker rolled an 844 last week I figured it was him). Turns out it was another bowler in his league that I bowled with in the summer league. The jackpot winner rolled a 258, 233, 216. So the only time I will ever hit it would be now when its only about $120...lol