PDA

View Full Version : Practiced with my reactive with 4000 surface and polish.....

Hammer
03-20-2019, 06:00 PM
It didn't change much with the 4000 surface and polish. Now instead of standing with my right foot by the right gutter I stand with the arch of my slide foot on board 33. I have to make sure that I have a speed of at least 9 mph. I have to be pretty accurate. If it hits a little off I leave a disaster leave. My urethane Blue Hammer was working real good with pocket hits. I would stand on board 30 and belly it out to board 7. It had a good reaction to the pocket. Also when using my reactive I had to roll it with a bent back wrist and it still had a good hook. When you can only throw it with a speed of 9 mph it is hard not to have it hook pretty hard in the dry area. The pattern in our house is 42'. I thought that more of the hook with my reactive would have been calmed down more with the surface change. Oh well, I will just have to deal with it.

six6guy
03-21-2019, 12:32 PM
The 9mph stands out to me as being very slow. The ball can't build and release any/much rotational energy at that speed. When I stand (just standing) at the line and practice my swing and release drills I'm usually at 11.5-12mph. Now I know the house speed sensors are not known for high accuracy and are angular sensitive, but still 9mph seems low.

J Anderson
03-21-2019, 07:46 PM
The 9mph stands out to me as being very slow. The ball can't build and release any/much rotational energy at that speed. When I stand (just standing) at the line and practice my swing and release drills I'm usually at 11.5-12mph. Now I know the house speed sensors are not known for high accuracy and are angular sensitive, but still 9mph seems low.

I’ve seen senior bowlers throw 9-10 mph taking a four step approach. 9 mph standing at the line isn’t all that slow for some one in his seventies.

Hammer
03-22-2019, 12:43 AM
My Blue hammer is now my strike ball. I used it 95% of the time as my strike ball in practice. I was getting real good revs and decent hits to the pocket most of the time. I did a little tweaking to my release that gave me more revs. My Raw Hammer Anger ball is relegated to picking up pins like the 6,9 and 10. I guess I can make my Blue Hammer hook like it does because I only get a speed of 9.5 mph at the pins. When you have no approach and you just stand right by the foul line it is hard to get good speed. I could probably get more speed with a higher back swing but then I start to lose control. So I am fine tuned for the 9.5. I am only 5'6" tall and 72 years old. I am not in bad shape by any means like a lot of folks that are 72. I went back to doing my weights to get in better shape.

Amyers
03-22-2019, 10:15 AM
I'm only 44 and I only get 10.5 or so with a full approach although I think our speed sensors are at the pins here where other places they are at the front. Not many here faster than 15-16 around here and not many of them. I had a original pearl blue hammer that was my favorite ball ever lol.