PDA

View Full Version : Bowling on the cheetah pattern this week. Any tips would be appreciated

HammerHead99
06-16-2019, 02:54 AM
First time on the cheetah pattern for me. Any tips on ball surfaces or anything? I roll the ball slow. Approximately 13-15 mph and a med-high rev rate.Heres my balls:

Hammer Web Tour Edition
Hammer Phobia
Hammer Rebel Solid
Hammer Black Widow Gold
Hammer No Mercy solid & pearl
Hammer Black Urethane

Would appreciate any help. Thank you!

ALazySavage
06-18-2019, 05:53 PM
Sorry for not seeing this earlier. My personal preferences for the 33' Cheetah pattern is to either throw Urethane or a reactive with plenty of surface. Looking at your arsenal that would mean I would lean towards throwing the following equipment: Web Tour Edition, Rebel Solid, No Mercy Solid, and the Black Urethane - decisions on which of these balls will be highly dependent on the lane surface, who is on your lane, etc. The biggest error I typically see is when people see shorter patterns they feel as though they need to make equipment choices that help get the ball down the lane - this will create very violent/almost uncontrollable reactions down lane. Rather I have seen it better to use equipment that blends out that pattern and keeps things under control.