PDA

View Full Version : Does a proshop owner have to give you your measurements?

MajorPhoenix
08-28-2019, 09:52 AM
Just curious. Whenever I get something drilled up, he doesn't remeasure me. So I don't really know my stats for my span, for example. Would I just be better off measuring myself, or do you think they'd be willing to let me see my sheet?

Amyers
08-28-2019, 09:57 AM
You should be able to ask. My proshop remeasures if I think something has changed but will drill off previous measurements if I don't ask. You may want to have them check your PAP again if it's been awhile that changes to some extent even if hand size has not.

bowl1820
08-28-2019, 10:09 AM
Just curious. Whenever I get something drilled up, he doesn't remeasure me. So I don't really know my stats for my span, for example. Would I just be better off measuring myself, or do you think they'd be willing to let me see my sheet?

All you have to do is go and ask for a copy, most all will give you one. If you haven't had your specs updated in a long time, as amyers says might be a good time to have them and your pap checked.

ALazySavage
08-28-2019, 10:49 AM
When discussing bowling ball replacements in a previous post, Rob made the comment to the poster that they need to find a pro shop that they trust - this would follow a similar concept in my eyes. If my pro shop operator was not willing to give me my specs I would be looking for a new pro shop operator - based around the principle that the drill pattern on the ball can simply be measured so it seems petty not to provide this. I would expect that if you ask the operator would provide.

vdubtx
08-28-2019, 11:33 AM
Some pro shop owners seem to think that your measurements are "proprietary" info. They are afraid that with measurements that one would just go somewhere else.

In my case, my PSO has actually told me this. He did work with my last year and we made some adjustments to pitches and spans etc. We worked for about 30 minutes and checking flexibility of each finger etc and then with thumb as well. This was more in depth than I have ever had someone work with me on ball fit.

I don't have an issue with him not giving me my exact measurements, I am always going to him anyway.

MajorPhoenix
08-28-2019, 11:44 AM
Some pro shop owners seem to think that your measurements are "proprietary" info. They are afraid that with measurements that one would just go somewhere else.

In my case, my PSO has actually told me this. He did work with my last year and we made some adjustments to pitches and spans etc. We worked for about 30 minutes and checking flexibility of each finger etc and then with thumb as well. This was more in depth than I have ever had someone work with me on ball fit.

I don't have an issue with him not giving me my exact measurements, I am always going to him anyway.

I get that. But if it comes to it, I might just measure my gear and go from there. We'll see after later today.

vdubtx
08-28-2019, 04:45 PM
I get that. But if it comes to it, I might just measure my gear and go from there. We'll see after later today.

Unless you have the tools to do so, it won't be very accurate if you do yourself.

J Daisy
09-03-2019, 11:14 PM

That's a great question. I've been wondering the same thing myself. Now I know. Thanks. :-)