PDA

View Full Version : 2 bag tote + 4 ball roller or two 3 ball rollers?

MajorPhoenix
10-14-2019, 11:32 AM
Trying to get an opinion on carting my rocks around.

I currently use a 4 ball roller (2 stack), and a 2 ball tote. I was thinking about using two 3 ball rollers instead to distribute the weight evenly.

What do you all think?

bowl1820
10-14-2019, 12:17 PM

I currently use a 4 ball roller (2 stack), and a 2 ball tote. I was thinking about using two 3 ball rollers instead to distribute the weight evenly.

What do you all think?

If you already have a 4 ball roller, just get another one. Put 3 balls in each and your even plus you have room to expand. Keep the two ball tote for those imprompt to trips, going to the pso etc. also you wont have a empty 4 ball roller sitting around.

J Anderson
10-14-2019, 10:13 PM

What do you all think?

Around here the serious bowlers seem to have all gone to the three ball tournament rollers plus a backpack for shoes, tape, tools, etc.

I almost never bring more than four balls, so it’s just the four ball roller for me.

ALazySavage
10-15-2019, 08:33 AM
Really just depends on what you are planning on doing tournament wise. If you are someone who is going to travel to tournaments, such as nationals, and need to fly to the tournament I would recommend the three ball slim rollers - either without pockets or with removable pockets. With 15lb equipment these will fall under the 50 lb. weight limit.

When I'm not bowling tournaments I do a 3 ball roller and a 2 ball tote and that has worked fine - walks are not long enough that weight distribution is a concern in my opinion.

six6guy
10-21-2019, 02:32 PM
I always use a 4 ball roller (for everything), it gets reloaded sometimes based on how dry/wet the house is. I also have a 2 ball tote that rests on top of the 4 ball roller. I typically only use this 6 ball combo whenever I go to a tournament or maybe to my sport league when it's pattern change night.