PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes an aggressive release is not right for lane conditions.......

Hammer
02-13-2020, 08:08 AM
I bowled league Monday afternoon. The first game I was kind of aggressive with my release. I was leaving pocket splits that I would pick up all but one pin. I ended up with a 148. Then I started thinking about what I was getting when I was warming up before league. I was getting strikes with no problem. Then I remembered that I was shooting the ball nice and easy with a more finessed shot. So the second game started and I was taking more of an easy shot. How about that, I was getting strikes and 9 count spares. I ended up with a 191. The last game I was lined up good and kept repeating that finessed shot. Both lanes were acting kind of the same so my adjustment was close to the same on both lanes. Now I was stringing strikes and getting 9 count spares. I bowled a 203. I messed up the 10th frame. I pulled the first shot in the 10th frame and left a 7 pin. I went after it and missed it by a hair. If I had struck out in the 10th frame I could have had like a 234 game. The speed of my ball was anywhere from 10.8 to 11.3 mph. So I am going to practice today and I will see if I can keep this finesse shot working. The ball I was using for my strike shot was my Columbia yellow dot with a 400 surface. I am a lefty.

Hammer
02-13-2020, 11:44 PM
I did my finesse shot at practice today. This includes slower speed and revs that are between low and medium. Strike ball used was once again Columbia yellow dot with a 400 grit surface. First game was a 208 and the second game was a 203. In the second game I had a strike in the 8th and 9th frame. In the 10th frame I got three more strikes for a total of five in a row. The third and fourth games I used my Blue Hammer urethane ball with 400 grit surface also for my strike ball. I wanted to see what kind of adjustment I needed to make it work for strikes and for picking up certain spares.