PDA

View Full Version : Bowling scoring software

GrumpyCatFace
04-16-2020, 08:02 PM
Does anyone have knowledge of the typical contract a bowling center signs for their scoring software? I have an idea for a new program that could do it better.

GrumpyCatFace
04-16-2020, 08:37 PM
To be precise, I want to send the scoring data to an app. What kind of protections are built into that?

bowl1820
04-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Does anyone have knowledge of the typical contract a bowling center signs for their scoring software? I have an idea for a new program that could do it better.

What software are you referring too? The scoring and management software that runs the center like Quibicas Conquerer system, That handles the front desk, scorers etc.

or the League Secretary software such as BLS 2020 by CDE software which just about everyone uses.

bowl1820
04-16-2020, 08:46 PM
To be precise, I want to send the scoring data to an app. What kind of protections are built into that?

If you mean center sending the bowlers live scoring etc to a phone, They already have those.

I don't really know how the software is setup or written though.

GrumpyCatFace
04-16-2020, 09:14 PM
What software are you referring too? The scoring and management software that runs the center like Quibicas Conquerer system, That handles the front desk, scorers etc.

or the League Secretary software such as BLS 2020 by CDE software which just about everyone uses.

Yeah, like BLS. I just chatted up a former alley owner who got me to their site. Looks like they’re doing the same thing. I’ve only seen it used once, but I didn’t know they were looking at doing pin fall tracking.

I could definitely make a better app for it, but that’s probably not enough to compete wholesale with them. Any idea what their pricing looks like?