PDA

View Full Version : Bio-skin?

boatman37
03-01-2021, 08:33 PM
So after the first practice ball or two my middle finger gets sore on the ring finger side. I have a small scar there from when I was little so maybe that's why. After a few frames it's fine. But I bowled a tournament a few years ago and bowled 8 games and my fingers were pretty sore. We have a few guys in our league that tape their fingers. The other day I saw a youtube video of Chris Prather showing how he tapes his. Would this help my fingers? Thinking about bowling another tournament in 2 weeks and will likely bowl at least 8 or 9 games. In fact last time I entered this tournament I opted to not bowl the 3rd qualifier cause my fingers were already sore after 6 games. Luckily my 2nd set was good enough to make the field so I didn't need to bowl the 3rd set.

Gonna order a new bag tonight and was thinking about ordering the tape too.

Ryster
03-02-2021, 10:17 AM
Just watched the Prather video. That is a lot of folding and cutting. Storm makes a product that is already cut and designed for fingers.

https://www.stormbowling.com/tape-1/max-pro-finger-tape-ac820

I use Motiv Flex or Genesis Excel protection tape on my fingers. I apply it lengthwise on the side of the finger that needs protection. It will cover and protect areas from abrasion/friction, however if there is literal pain associated with a cut or other surface damage the tape will not stop the pain from occurring.

boatman37
03-02-2021, 10:29 AM
Ordered some VISE tape last night to give it a try. Do you have to get larger inserts to accommodate the tape?

Ryster
03-02-2021, 11:18 AM
I did not personally, no. The protection tape I use is very thin and barely noticeable once on my fingers. If you are going to wrap your fingers with a lot of layers, use thicker tapes, or if your grips are already tight to start with you may run in to some fitting issues.

boatman37
03-02-2021, 12:51 PM
Cool. Will see. Hopefully I don't need to replace my inserts....lol

boatman37
03-09-2021, 09:31 PM
Tried the bio-skin tonight. It was fine with my existing inserts. Can't say for sure it made any difference. Actually pulled it off towards the beginning of game 2 and didn't really notice any difference.