PDA

View Full Version : I have to watch football today =(

Phonetek
12-12-2021, 01:39 PM
My wife fulfilled my sons lifelong dream and for his birthday got him tickets to go see The Green Bay Packers play. My son (the bowler) is a die hard fan and always has been in his young life. How he even got into watching football I have no clue.

I have never watched a game since I was forced to in 1985 when the Bears won.I know NOTHING about football. I know more about common core algebra than football which isn’t much. I know figuring out 2+X=4 requires several sheets of paper, that’s it. Football on the other hand… I couldn’t tell you the last time the Chicago bears won the Stanley’s Cup and how many baskets they won it by. I think I remember the point guard getting a hole in 1 once. I dunno, my memory is fuzzy. I’m just trying to remember if they use the round ball with the black dots on it or the brown oval one for this?

Nonetheless, my wife and son are there today to watch Packers vs Bears in Green Bay. I have to watch the game in case they end up on camera. She got seats in the first row of the handicap section somewhere near the 50 yard line. I’m told they are good seats.

Hopefully the players, coaches and camera people stay there hell out of the way so I can identify two specs in a sea of thousands that are my two specs. Hopefully my younger spec isn’t doing something stupid like picking his nose or scratching himself if he happens to be on camera. I am starting a betting pool on it though just in case. I have better odds on that than betting on the score or outcome of the game.

So far my son is in all his glory, I’m happy we were able to make this happen for him. I’m also happy I got to stay home because of work. LOL I even have the car to myself this weekend, wifey got a rental! I hope they have a blast tonight, they needed it. I know he really wants to meet Aaron somebody, some player, towel boy or something he always talks about and get a picture and autograph from him. I’d rather have him meet Walter Ray or Norm Duke. Where I work that’s entirely possible too and way cooler!

Phonetek
12-13-2021, 05:49 PM
Well his team won, he had a blast. I didn’t see my specs in spite of watching what I had no idea what I was watching. As long as they had fun.

boatman37
12-13-2021, 05:57 PM
Yeah that guy hit a homerun on 4th down to win the game by 3 baskets :)

Phonetek
12-13-2021, 11:04 PM
Hey! Now you’re just being silly, I’ve seen Tennis before… they won by a grand slam! Now you see why I stick to bowling?

Timmyb
12-14-2021, 01:44 AM
As a lifelong Wisconsin resident and Packer fan, I've been to probably 10 games. The lsat was just as good as the first, but none beat the feeling of the Monday Night game after 9-11. If you couldn't feel it that night, you're dead inside....

boomer
12-14-2021, 10:04 AM
I can see how watching football can be painful for someone who doesn't get the game or enjoy it. I feel that way about baseball (although . . . what's to understand? Stand there, adjust your junk, hit the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball)

boatman37
12-14-2021, 11:08 AM
I can see how watching football can be painful for someone who doesn't get the game or enjoy it. I feel that way about baseball (although . . . what's to understand? Stand there, adjust your junk, hit the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball)

I'm that way about hockey and basketball. I enjoy watching golf more than those.

Phonetek
12-14-2021, 11:15 AM

All kidding aside, I get football, understand it (for the most part) but I just never got into it. I literally never watched it since 1985 super bowl. Just never been my thing. Baseball is the only pro sport besides bowling I do watch. Life long Cubs can.

I also played it as a kid, was on multiple teams and was the only freshmen varsity pitcher in high school. That is until a line drive broke my face and I quit. I also was on track until I blew out my knee and swimming and diving teams until I landed wrong and messed up my back. I apparently was not cut out or destined to be an athlete. Hence the reason I stuck with bowling, the chances from ending up disable from it are significantly less.

boomer
12-14-2021, 03:54 PM
That is until a line drive broke my face and I quit.

HOLY COW . . . yeah. I broke my nose pretty significantly heading a ball in soccer (ended up being someone else's head) and then trying to catch a pitch during practice (no mask - dummy) . . . so yeah.

Phonetek
12-14-2021, 06:39 PM
My nose has never been exactly small so it was a big target. Now it’s big and crooked.

boatman37
12-14-2021, 09:05 PM
Went to an ENT doctor a few years ago cause I have trouble breathing out of my right nostril. Dr. looked at it and said I had broken it at some point and it was out when it healed. No idea when that might have happened. I used to drink quite a bit and got in a few bar fights so that's the only thing I can think of but I have no idea when. Can't recall ever getting hit in the nose in any of those fights but there are a couple that I don't have much memory from...lol. P.S. i don't drink anymore....lol

Phonetek
12-15-2021, 12:25 AM
Went to an ENT doctor a few years ago cause I have trouble breathing out of my right nostril. Dr. looked at it and said I had broken it at some point and it was out when it healed. No idea when that might have happened. I used to drink quite a bit and got in a few bar fights so that's the only thing I can think of but I have no idea when. Can't recall ever getting hit in the nose in any of those fights but there are a couple that I don't have much memory from...lol. P.S. i don't drink anymore....lol

Typically when you have no memory of a fight it generally means you lost. Mystery solved, that’s when you got your nose broken. LOL Impressive though, never took you as a bar brawler. 🤜🤛 I've somehow managed to stay out of bar fights even with my mouth.

My secret was to go to bars with all my biggest and baddest friends. That way I could say and do what I wanted. Since I should have had my butt kicked just about every Saturday night in my early twenties it was an effective strategy. 😜

boatman37
12-15-2021, 07:23 AM
Typically when you have no memory of a fight it generally means you lost. Mystery solved, that’s when you got your nose broken. LOL Impressive though, never took you as a bar brawler. 🤜🤛 I've somehow managed to stay out of bar fights even with my mouth.

My secret was to go to bars with all my biggest and baddest friends. That way I could say and do what I wanted. Since I should have had my butt kicked just about every Saturday night in my early twenties it was an effective strategy. 😜

Yeah, did some pretty dumb things when I was younger. Actually can't say I ever lost a fight but can't say I won most either...lol. I tried to be smart about who I got into it with....lol. Usually when you are that drunk it's alot of sloppy rolling around and mouth movement...lol. Only one I can think of was one night a guy bigger than me (I'm 6'0" and was about 210ish at the time) pushed me and I dropped my full beer and snapped. I don't remember much but was told I got him to the ground and hit him about 10 times before someone pulled me off of him but all I remember is going towards him then being pulled off him. Guessing maybe that's when the nose thing happened but my buddy said the guy never hit me. That's the only one I don't have full memory of....lol. But yeah, my one buddy was a golden gloves boxer that won the regional tough man competition in Pittsburgh then finished runner up in Detroit. He was about 6'3 and about 240lbs. Then my other buddy and my cousin used to get in fights just for fun when they were bored, even with each other...lol. Most of the time I only got involved to try to get them out of it so they wouldn't get in trouble. I was the peacemaker most of the time cause I was one of the few they would listen to. But that was all back when I was 21 or so. As soon as I had kids I quit that stuff. Can't do that today. Now you get shot if you act like that.