PDA

View Full Version : I think it got me?

Phonetek
01-02-2022, 02:37 PM
Two years since this thing started, not a sniffle. I’ve been both vaxed and boosted. Always wearing a mask, washing hands blah blah blah. Other than being at work, I’m home.

Last night we had a significant snowfall and winter storm. I went out to clean the car off after work and got this massive chill! Violently shaking, teeth chattering, the whole bit. I quickly moved my car by the door and let it warm up and finished up closing the bowling center. The chill subsided.

I got home and our bedroom was the typical 6 degrees my wife annoyingly enjoys. As usual I was a freaking popsicle. I closed the cracked open window but left her fan on. Under an extra blanket on my side, I resorted to curling up around a heating pad.

Today I did not get up on my own which is very unusual. She woke me up two hours later than normal. I came down for my coffee, took a couple sips and said “I’m laying back down.” That never happens. Watching the clock I decided I’d take a hot shower to see if I was just cold from the igloo we live in. Holy crap when I got out I was shivering so hard, I could have been a human house paint mixer!

Took my temp, yep I’m sick! 100.9. Grrr! I hate microorganisms! Can’t go back to work until I get Covid clean test. Getting tested tomorrow so I should know if this is Covid or simple flu. Then again, is it even possible to have flu not show up as Covid anymore? Get shot in the brain, it’s Covid. Break your finger, it’s Covid. I hate this crap! 🤬

boatman37
01-02-2022, 02:48 PM
yeah. Lots of people I know are feeling sick right now. Daughter-in-law just took an off the shelf test this morning cause she was feeling sick and came back negative. She tried to get in for a PCR test but can't get an appointment before Wednesday and she is pregnant. I have felt sick since 11/10

Phonetek
01-03-2022, 11:59 AM
I went in and got tested, just waiting on results. Still got the on / off fever, slight cough, dehydrated and just about every joint in my body feels like someone poured sand in them. Other than that I feel great!

Just drinking lots of tea, taking Tylenol and musinex and sleeping a ton. I haven't really left my bedroom much since yesterday morning.

Timmyb
01-03-2022, 02:54 PM
Made it the same 2 years with nothing, and bam, got it last week. This after getting all my shots as well. From what we're being told, it's now no longer a matter of if, but when you'll get it.

boatman37
01-03-2022, 03:03 PM
Made it the same 2 years with nothing, and bam, got it last week. This after getting all my shots as well. From what we're being told, it's now no longer a matter of if, but when you'll get it.

I think at some point all of us will get it eventually. A co-worker who weighs about 450lbs said he hadn't left his apartment in 4 months (we work from home). Has groceries delivered, etc. And he got it last year. Only thing he can figure was the person that dropped off his groceries left it on the bag.
Just have to be as careful as you can. Just IM'd another co-worker to ask him about a server and he said he is out with COVID.

Phonetek
01-04-2022, 07:26 AM
Confirmed. SARS 2 Positive 🤬 Whatever that means. Obviously it's Covid. I don't know what strain it is.

boatman37
01-04-2022, 10:03 AM
Confirmed. SARS 2 Positive 🤬 Whatever that means. Obviously it's Covid. I don't know what strain it is.

ugh. hope ya feel better soon

Phonetek
01-04-2022, 11:31 AM
I am actually feeling better than I did the other day. Fever is gone, still have some joint pain, a little congested and a little tired. Basically a flu, I've had much much worse. Only differences is I can't go back to work until at least a week from Thursday. This is BS! I get it but this sucks!

I can help but to think that the bowling gods are conspiring against me to keep me off the lanes.

boatman37
01-04-2022, 01:07 PM
I am actually feeling better than I did the other day. Fever is gone, still have some joint pain, a little congested and a little tired. Basically a flu, I've had much much worse. Only differences is I can't go back to work until at least a week from Thursday. This is BS! I get it but this sucks!

I can help but to think that the bowling gods are conspiring against me to keep me off the lanes.

Yeah I had it this past April. Had a bad headache for 1/2 a day and was shivering and teeth chattering for a day. Woke up the next morning with no headache but still felt weak and worn out. Called off work and went back to bed and a few hours later felt fine. That was Tuesday. Wednesday afternoon started feeling it again then got tested Thursday. Got the results back Saturday but felt fine by then but stayed home until quarantine was up. Only missed that one day of work but I work from home. Wife had to miss 2 weeks as she tested positive too. I probably had it again after that but didn't know it. I haven't felt 100% since 11/10. My daughter-in-law wasn't feeling good over the weekend and is pregnant. She called her Dr and they told her to get tested but nobody could test her until tomorrow so my son drove around trying to find an over the counter rapid test but they were all sold out too. Finally found one 30 miles away and it came back negative thankfully. Hope this stuff disappears soon.

Phonetek
01-04-2022, 03:01 PM
This stuff isn't going anywhere, that's the reality. It's just getting milder than it started out and more contagious. It won't be the big deal it is now in 10 years but I don't see that it will be eradicated. Just another PITA to deal with as a human. Hopefully we'll find better and less intrusive ways of dealing with it sooner than later.

Ryster
01-05-2022, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling 100% and I hope you feel better soon!

Cases are way up in this area as well. Testing centers are overwhelmed, the typical wait locally is 5-6 hours for a test. At home rapid tests are selling out as quickly as they are arriving. The local CVS got in 1200 kits the other day and they were gone in a matter of hours once word got out. Our immediate local population is about 15,000 people. It is incredible to me that 1200 kits would sell out in a matter of hours, so there must have been people coming in from surrounding areas as well to grab them up.

I am starting to have some legitimate anxiety about bowling league this week, simply because our bowling center has been somewhat of a hot spot lately for the virus and there are bowlers that I know for a fact would not stay at home if they were positive and asymptomatic. However it is position round and one of our team members is more than 2 weeks in arrears in league dues [which is grounds for suspension if the treasurer wants to play hard ball]. So I kind of have to go this week.

Eventually we are going to have to learn to live alongside this virus. Just like we do with the common cold and influenza. Forget the whole testing madness. Hypochondria is becoming a real issue now too. Just as with other things, stay home if feeling lousy or have a fever. When you feel better, go back to work/school. If you are having severe breathing problems or other major issues, go to the hospital. There is so much hysteria with this that it is just putting people in to an absolute panic. It is real, and I personally knew a few people that unfortunately passed away from it, but I believe the fear being projected on to the public about it is reaching a very unhealthy level.

Phonetek
01-05-2022, 01:35 PM
Speaks as someone who has it, now I can say it's not a big huge deal. I know that if this was two years ago before I was vaxed when this first started it could be much different. I feel lucky this is similar to getting shot with a rubber bullet. There's still a slight chance it could have killed me but instead it just took me down for a bit.

I'm not ready to dismiss this as harmless because it is still lethal to the right person. Then again so is a paper cut. I did in fact take the precautions, always had a mask on in public at all times. Except while fumbling with it trying to put it on from my car to the buildings and while eating or drinking. I wash my hands dozens of times daily.

All it takes is one moment where while I was biting into a big corned beef on rye or taking a sip of coffee to sneak by. It's also possible it went right through my mask? I'll never know. Once I go back to joining society again I'm likely not going to do anything different than I have been the last two years. Before getting it, it was a big scary monster with fangs. Now that I got it, I realize it was just a cat wanting to attack my foot as I walked by.

I can only hope that anyone else that gets this has a similar or better experience with it as me. I also hope they aren't allergic to cats. Now that I am feeling better, about 80%, I just have to play the waiting game for it to go away completely so I can rejoin life. I'm certainly not going to be all scared of getting it again.

Ryster, what I see a lot of people doing that are concerned with the risk of getting sick is coming during the daytime slow hours to pre-bowl. No it's not the same and your opponents already know what they have to beat but it's better than the alternative. I think that most of the leagues are allowing pre-bowl these days. Some are even allowing post-bowl which used to be taboo. Something I wouldn't want to see for position round. Given the current circumstances, pre-bowl is a good option.

Ryster
01-05-2022, 02:13 PM
Speaks as someone who has it, now I can say it's not a big huge deal. I know that if this was two years ago before I was vaxed when this first started it could be much different. I feel lucky this is similar to getting shot with a rubber bullet. There's still a slight chance it could have killed me but instead it just took me down for a bit.

I'm not ready to dismiss this as harmless because it is still lethal to the right person. Then again so is a paper cut. I did in fact take the precautions, always had a mask on in public at all times. Except while fumbling with it trying to put it on from my car to the buildings and while eating or drinking. I wash my hands dozens of times daily.

All it takes is one moment where while I was biting into a big corned beef on rye or taking a sip of coffee to sneak by. It's also possible it went right through my mask? I'll never know. Once I go back to joining society again I'm likely not going to do anything different than I have been the last two years. Before getting it, it was a big scary monster with fangs. Now that I got it, I realize it was just a cat wanting to attack my foot as I walked by.

I can only hope that anyone else that gets this has a similar or better experience with it as me. I also hope they aren't allergic to cats. Now that I am feeling better, about 80%, I just have to play the waiting game for it to go away completely so I can rejoin life. I'm certainly not going to be all scared of getting it again.

Ryster, what I see a lot of people doing that are concerned with the risk of getting sick is coming during the daytime slow hours to pre-bowl. No it's not the same and your opponents already know what they have to beat but it's better than the alternative. I think that most of the leagues are allowing pre-bowl these days. Some are even allowing post-bowl which used to be taboo. Something I wouldn't want to see for position round. Given the current circumstances, pre-bowl is a good option.

Our league by-laws do not allow individual pre-bowling. Pre-bowling is allowed only if the entire team pre-bowls. Team pre-bowling is permitted for position rounds but not for roll-offs at the end of the season.

I also have friends and co-workers that have had the virus, and they said it was like a bad cold. Most said it made them very tired, but they were able to continue to work from home while they waited it out. Some recovered faster than others (some a few days, others a week or two.) That said, I would prefer not to have to deal with it at all. But I am vaccinated and boosted, so if I do get it hopefully those jabs will lessen the severity.

Phonetek
01-05-2022, 03:14 PM
I will say this thing is moving fast! I was just informed that 6 out of the 7 employees at the pro shop all have Covid. The 7th is my son (so far) who only works part time currently until high school bowling is over. Pro shop closed until further notice. Yikes! They have been super swamped too.

Given the circumstances it may be something you may want to vote on to allow individual pre-bowls. It can keep things moving along better, allow bowlers to get their moneys worth since they likely have to still pay being absent. Of course there is no guarantee that people will bowl over average but better to have the opportunity to try vs average minus 10.

As long as pre-bowls are done on a pair, league style and backed up with a score printout with score corrections only done by the counter. In addition to a recap sheet specifying the date/time/lane pair/league/ team and the date they are bowling for. There should be no issues if all that information is provided. Food for thought.

Trust me, if I could have never caught this virus I'd have been okay with that. I'm just grateful it is what it is and not what it once we. At least I got it out of the way. Once I'm clear I'll get boosted so hopeful this will be a one and done deal

Ryster
01-05-2022, 06:24 PM
I will say this thing is moving fast! I was just informed that 6 out of the 7 employees at the pro shop all have Covid. The 7th is my son (so far) who only works part time currently until high school bowling is over. Pro shop closed until further notice. Yikes! They have been super swamped too.

Given the circumstances it may be something you may want to vote on to allow individual pre-bowls. It can keep things moving along better, allow bowlers to get their moneys worth since they likely have to still pay being absent. Of course there is no guarantee that people will bowl over average but better to have the opportunity to try vs average minus 10.

As long as pre-bowls are done on a pair, league style and backed up with a score printout with score corrections only done by the counter. In addition to a recap sheet specifying the date/time/lane pair/league/ team and the date they are bowling for. There should be no issues if all that information is provided. Food for thought.

Trust me, if I could have never caught this virus I'd have been okay with that. I'm just grateful it is what it is and not what it once we. At least I got it out of the way. Once I'm clear I'll get boosted so hopeful this will be a one and done deal

Our league is pretty serious. Blind score is average minus 20. This is to discourage blind/absent bowlers and encourage getting a sub if you absolutely cannot make it. It's a head to head match up league, so we want to make sure bowlers are actually bowling against someone as frequently as possible.

We were told at work today to reduce our in office time to 1 day in the office and work the other 4 days from home due to the rapid rise in cases. It's definitely getting crazy.

boatman37
01-05-2022, 07:27 PM
Our league is pretty serious. Blind score is average minus 20. This is to discourage blind/absent bowlers and encourage getting a sub if you absolutely cannot make it. It's a head to head match up league, so we want to make sure bowlers are actually bowling against someone as frequently as possible.

We were told at work today to reduce our in office time to 1 day in the office and work the other 4 days from home due to the rapid rise in cases. It's definitely getting crazy.

We allow pre-bowling but a max of 2 bowlers per team. Well actually you need 3 there to be a team or you forfeit so I guess 2 isn't necessarily the max. But our blind is average -30 so it hits hard. We had 2 teams use a blind last night. In fact 1 team had to use 2 blinds. That's 60 pins they had to give up. They lost all 3 games but surprisingly didn't lose each by much.

As for COVID, yeah it's hitting our area hard. I probably know 10-15 people that have had it in the last 3 weeks but thankfully all were just sneezing and runny noses. Problem is there is a 4 day wait around here to get tested and it's nearly impossible to find an over the counter test. Daughter-in-law called around last Saturday to get tested and she couldn't get in anywhere until today. So people are going about their normal business cause no way to know if it is COVID or just a cold. And by the time you would get in to get a test and get the results you are likely out of quarantine and fine anyway.

Phonetek
01-05-2022, 09:52 PM
Damn you guys got more rules than Chicago does Covid restrictions! -20 & -30? That's harsh if you have to miss for say a funeral or because you're an Incubus of viral plague like me. I never bowled on or ran a league with such rules.

Do you guys find it difficult filling teams? To me the punishment of having to pay for a week when I didn't bowl was punishment enough. I guess I'm cheap. LOL I don't have Boatman money though. 😜

The new case numbers in Illinois today were nearly 33,000! I'm guessing some of them are bowlers. I'm sure with tomorrow's 30k more there will be more bowlers. You guys might wanna cut people a little slack or your bowlers are gonna say to hell with it and not come back. People are getting scared again.

With these numbers I'm foreseeing some leagues getting postponed until the next peak happens. It sounds like a better idea than 30% attendance and making 70% people get in the rears with dues for being sick or avoiding getting sick. Man this stuff is gonna mess everything up again that was starting to get almost back to normal.

Ryster
01-06-2022, 07:22 AM
We do have a hard time getting teams, but that is more due to the league being scratch head-to-head, $22/wk, and team averages being capped at 645 (3-person teams). The cap used to be 625 but was raised to 645. That helped find more bowlers for open spots on existing teams, but we still have an odd number of teams. We have already been warned that Bowlero is going to increase lineage next season so the weekly dues will be even higher next season. It would not be surprising if the league simply folds after this season.

Our center is doing absolutely nothing proactive during the surge. No social distancing, no extra cleaning, no hand sanitizer stations, no changes to pre-bowling rules, no masking requirements (there are no mandates on masking anymore...only "recommendations" by the county or specific rules set by the business themselves.) The bowling center has become known for being a place that people can go for a while to just let loose and not deal with that stuff. It's ultimately not turning out to be the case for an increasing number of people.

boatman37
01-06-2022, 07:23 AM
There aren't many viable options for leagues around here so our center is pretty busy. The closest other one is an old wood lane center that mops the oil on the lanes. I haven't been there since a tournament in about 2002 but a guy I practice with every week bowls there. The next closest place I'd consider is about 45 minutes away from me. The one I'm at now is about 10 minutes away.

Ryster
01-06-2022, 08:50 AM
There are other bowling centers around here. There is a center 1/2 the size of my current one that is 10 miles from home that I would consider. Otherwise, the next closest center is 15 miles away. There are two others that are 20 miles away. I love bowling, but I refuse to drive 30-40miles/90min round trip to bowl. That's like commuting to bowl!

Phonetek
01-06-2022, 06:47 PM
As the great philosopher "Mercury" once said "Another one bites the dust.". Wife & son are now Covid positive. Damn, this better not mean I'm off work even longer!

boatman37
01-06-2022, 06:49 PM
As the great philosopher "Mercury" once said "Another one bites the dust.". Wife & son are now Covid positive. Damn, this better not mean I'm off work even longer!

ugh. Hope everyone feels better soon

Phonetek
01-06-2022, 07:02 PM
ugh. Hope everyone feels better soon

I'm okay now. Just a tad tired but sick of sleeping. Still blowing my nose 500 times a day but feeling alright. Now I have to be the nurse lol

Ryster
01-07-2022, 08:39 AM

This thing spreads quickly, that's for sure! Hope you all feel better soon!

Not sure how it all works. From what I have heard, it is stay-at-home for 5 full days after testing positive. Get antigen test. If negative, you are good. If still positive, stay-at-home another 5 full days. Get antigen test. Rinse and repeat :confused:

The guidance seems to change daily, so who knows.

Phonetek
01-07-2022, 01:20 PM
This thing spreads quickly, that's for sure! Hope you all feel better soon!

Not sure how it all works. From what I have heard, it is stay-at-home for 5 full days after testing positive. Get antigen test. If negative, you are good. If still positive, stay-at-home another 5 full days. Get antigen test. Rinse and repeat :confused:

The guidance seems to change daily, so who knows.

Yeah I dunno. Since yesterday now I'm getting a few new symptoms piling on. I thought I was over the hump but maybe I spoke too soon? Wife and son are at the beginning and still fighting the fever which is higher than mine was.

Last I was told by boss was I can't come back until wed unless I test negative sooner. At this rate I'm skeptical. All I know is this sucks on many levels. I fully expect my oldest son and my daughter to be next.

As long as it's ripping through my family I don't see how I will test negative until it's run it course through everyone. Even if I do I don't want to carry it around and give it to others. I'm all about being generous and giving but not this way! I may be down for longer than expected. Not getting paid for missing work is going to sting for sure.

boatman37
01-07-2022, 02:46 PM
Yeah I dunno. Since yesterday now I'm getting a few new symptoms piling on. I thought I was over the hump but maybe I spoke too soon? Wife and son are at the beginning and still fighting the fever which is higher than mine was.

Last I was told by boss was I can't come back until wed unless I test negative sooner. At this rate I'm skeptical. All I know is this sucks on many levels. I fully expect my oldest son and my daughter to be next.

As long as it's ripping through my family I don't see how I will test negative until it's run it course through everyone. Even if I do I don't want to carry it around and give it to others. I'm all about being generous and giving but not this way! I may be down for longer than expected. Not getting paid for missing work is going to sting for sure.

When I had it it started on a Monday morning shortly after I got up. That was the worst day. Headache went away by Monday afternoon but still have chills and shivering. Woke up Tuesday feeling like crap so called off work. Took about a 90 minute bath in very hot water then laid back down in bed for a couple of hours. By mid day I felt fine. Figured it was a 24 hour bug. Woke up Wednesday morning and felt sick again but good enough to not miss work (I work from home). By Friday I was back to about 90% so yeah, mine was like 2 stages too and I have heard that from a few people.

Ryster
01-07-2022, 03:07 PM
It's funny how this thing spreads. We have had people at bowling get it, yet the relatives they live with never caught it. Then you see the guidance that says to isolate yourself from other family members in the same household, don't touch your pets (the pets fur can carry the virus, then other family members touch the pet ), wear a mask if you must be in the same room or share a bathroom, etc. It's crazy.

Phonetek
01-07-2022, 03:38 PM
It's funny how this thing spreads. We have had people at bowling get it, yet the relatives they live with never caught it. Then you see the guidance that says to isolate yourself from other family members in the same household, don't touch your pets (the pets fur can carry the virus, then other family members touch the pet ), wear a mask if you must be in the same room or share a bathroom, etc. It's crazy.

It's ridiculous to try to isolate from family in the same house. If you're in a room that actually sealed air tight then it would be possible. If you have Central heating then the air you breathe is just getting sucked in and being blown all around the house anyway. As far as masks? I'm not wearing one in the house. LOL

As for the pets, that's not been proven. Since this is an airborne virus, it's transmitted through the air moreso than surfaces. A pet would technically be a surface, I'm sure it's possible but a more difficult way to become infected.

I mean, if spreading this thing meant certain death to my family then yeah I'd do anything possible to avoid spreading it. Heck, soon as my first symptom I probably have went and locked myself away renting a cabin in the woods. As it stands, it's an annoyance and it sucks but chances are we'll be just fine fairly soon and we can move on.

Once I'm good I'm going right back to work doing the same thing I have been doing. Wearing a mask, washing hands. If it happens again then it happens again, it obviously can't really be 100% avoided outside of becoming a agoraphobic and growing your own food.

Phonetek
01-07-2022, 07:13 PM
I love where I work. Initially I was told they did pay for Covid time off. Boss called to do wellness check which was very nice. He also let me know that in spite off being fairly new that they reconsidered not paying. That was completely unexpected. They really know how to take care of people. I know the last place wouldn't have done that and probably wrote me up. They probably would have been bugging me 20 times a day too.

Apparently we now have a total of 9 people out with this crap not including the pro shop people which is remaining closed for now. So the center is barely getting by with a skeleton crew. On on any given night we have 4-5 at main counter, 2 at counter 2, 2-3 porters, 2-3 mechanics, 5 bar tenders and 4-5 in kitchen. 9 is a pretty big hit in the groin. Pro shop is kinda their own thing and there is usually 3 people there minimum.

boatman37
01-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Yeah I was told we would get time off for going to get the vax and also if we had side effects from the shot. Biden said that on TV. When I scheduled my shot I was told no then after my first shot I couldn't raise my arm over my head and it was very sore. Also didn't feel too well. Talked to the company and they said too bad. They said it was up to each individual company as to how they handle it.

Phonetek
01-07-2022, 09:47 PM
Yeah I was told we would get time off for going to get the vax and also if we had side effects from the shot. Biden said that on TV. When I scheduled my shot I was told no then after my first shot I couldn't raise my arm over my head and it was very sore. Also didn't feel too well. Talked to the company and they said too bad. They said it was up to each individual company as to how they handle it.

With the kind of money you make I can understand! No that sucks, it's not your fault. I guess companies have been getting burned too much by people claiming they have Covid that don't. I guess they REALLY like me over here. I don't know that they're necessarily doing it for everyone either. Probably not the part timers. I easily put in at least 60 hours a week if not more.

The government SHOULD be helping businesses out with this in my opinion. It shouldn't fall on the owners to foot the bill for something they obviously failed to protect their citizens from. Plus look... Nearly 2 years into it and it's as bad as it ever was! We had nearly 42k new cases in IL today which I think is higher than any 2020 numbers and it's been rather quiet in Springfield.

I'm pretty sure our governor is afraid to make any moves right now. If he imposes another lockdown I'm pretty sure that would seal his fate against any chance of getting reelected.

Ryster
01-08-2022, 01:44 PM
My company gives you time to get the vaccine. By that it basically means if you have to get it during work hours you don't have to clock out. Go get the shot and come right back to work. If you get the virus, you either work remotely if you can still be productive or use paid vacation. If you run out of paid vacation time while recovering then you basically have to go on unpaid FMLA.

At bowling last night I wiped down my seat and table with a disinfectant wipe when I arrived. The wipe was dark brown afterwards, which just proved that they aren't cleaning very well. Some dirt is one thing, but for the wipe to be dark brown is just disgusting. There were over 100 people in the center, and only 3 people (me, 1 employee, 1 other bowler) masked. No wonder our center is a known hot spot.

J Anderson
01-08-2022, 07:54 PM
At bowling last night I wiped down my seat and table with a disinfectant wipe when I arrived. The wipe was dark brown afterwards, which just proved that they aren't cleaning very well. Some dirt is one thing, but for the wipe to be dark brown is just disgusting. There were over 100 people in the center, and only 3 people (me, 1 employee, 1 other bowler) masked. No wonder our center is a known hot spot.

In our center the pro shop employees, at least the ones dealing with the customers kept wearing masks long after the state, town and bowling center dropped their mask requirement. The state is leaving mask mandates up to the towns and cities. The town where the center is located is so far not imposing a mandate. The center is not requiring its customers to wear masks, but he employees are back to wearing them.

My Thursday league had one forfeit due to a combination of recovering from heart surgery, vacation, and COVID. About 30-40% of the bowlers are wearing masks in this league. There were a number of high school teams practicing while we were there, all of their bowlers wearing masks

For our youth league we were going to relax from every participant must wear a mask to only making the unvaccinated wear them. At the last minute we decided to keep the old rule in effect.

boatman37
01-08-2022, 07:55 PM
So back to Intellivision....lol. I remember 2 names of basketball players...Kirby Hoover and R.U. Thayer...lol. Have to ask my friend if he still has it. I never had any gaming consoles. We couldn't afford them...lol. Seriously. I did get a used 2600 once they were outdated but that's it. My friend always got the newest ones when they came out so I played his.

boatman37
01-08-2022, 09:27 PM
So back to Intellivision....lol. I remember 2 names of basketball players...Kirby Hoover and R.U. Thayer...lol. Have to ask my friend if he still has it. I never had any gaming consoles. We couldn't afford them...lol. Seriously. I did get a used 2600 once they were outdated but that's it. My friend always got the newest ones when they came out so I played his.

I remember when we saw Kirby Hoover my friend said 'I bet they named him that cause he pulls in alot of rebounds (get it...vacuum cleaner names). To which I replied, or cause he sucks...lol. Get it? Vacuum cleaner? Sucks? lol. Well I thought it was funny. But then again I was about 12 years old...lol

Phonetek
01-10-2022, 03:22 PM
Symptoms finally have subsided for the most part. Went and got retested. Hope to hear back by tomorrow night so I can maybe get back to work on Wed . Wish me luck

boomer
01-10-2022, 03:40 PM
My family got hit with a nasty cold - having had Covid, I honestly almost wish I had that instead of this. No fever but cough and congestion and blech. Gone on for a week now. I got tested (for return to work) last Monday but didn't get results back in time to go back to work (max of 72 hours - got my results 98 hours after. :/ TY Kaiser) but was negative so that was good. Tested again today and got my booster.

My thoughts with ya, Phone. Good to hear you've got a good backing!

boatman37
01-10-2022, 05:39 PM
My family got hit with a nasty cold - having had Covid, I honestly almost wish I had that instead of this. No fever but cough and congestion and blech. Gone on for a week now. I got tested (for return to work) last Monday but didn't get results back in time to go back to work (max of 72 hours - got my results 98 hours after. :/ TY Kaiser) but was negative so that was good. Tested again today and got my booster.

My thoughts with ya, Phone. Good to hear you've got a good backing!

Yeah my normal colds were way worse than COVID. That said, don't want to push my luck with COVID either. Extremely unlikely anything serious would come from it but have heard stories

Phonetek
01-10-2022, 05:49 PM
I'm told now that I've had it that I have to wait 30 days for booster. I guess the only piece of mind about having it is, having it and it didn't mess is up. I've been much sicker before with double pneumonia, mono and even a bought with viral spinal meningitis. This was a cake walk in comparison.

I'll probably have the cough for a while but I can deal with it. I'll just be glad to be back out in the world doing what I like to do again.

Phonetek
01-13-2022, 12:27 PM
I've been medically cleared. I'm no longer typhoid Mary. Feeling pretty good, just a lingering cough but I guess that's to be expected. Going back to life as normal.

Hopefully I got this out of the way now and won't have to deal with it again. This wasn't fun. I'll still keep my distance from people though just in case. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

boatman37
01-13-2022, 05:12 PM
I've been medically cleared. I'm no longer typhoid Mary. Feeling pretty good, just a lingering cough but I guess that's to be expected. Going back to life as normal.

Hopefully I got this out of the way now and won't have to deal with it again. This wasn't fun. I'll still keep my distance from people though just in case. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Glad you got better. How about the family?

I know a few people that have got it twice so you aren't out of the woods...lol. Just talked to one the other night and he said the 2nd time wasn't as bad as the 1st but he said even the 1st wasn't very bad. Oh...and he took 2 rapid tests that both came back negative but he lost his taste and smell so can't put much faith in the rapid tests

Phonetek
01-13-2022, 05:53 PM
Family is good to go too. Just in time too. Well for one, as much as I love them it's nice to get away from them all the same. LOL Number two, my son bowls the sectionals this weekend and I'm glad he won't miss it.

boomer
01-14-2022, 10:11 AM
Congrats!

Keep an eye on the cough - ours turned into a sinus infection which is just a joy. :/